Some interconnect advice please.

…a very expensive debate at that :grin:

To my old ears, Morgana beat Hi-line by a bit, which beat standard by a bit. That was with Superline into 52…

1 Like

That’s interesting but bet it was quite subtle.
It seems many don’t seem to make the 4 to 5 pin Din.
Was also thinking of chord Sarum or Music but expensive and improvement uncertain

See older threads on the topic.

A bit less congestion (not that there was much of that before) and a bit more clarity at the top. Younger and better ears and more attentive listeners notice more, but anyone calling this a ‘night and day’, ‘jaw-dropping’ or ‘revelatory’ change many need to calm down a bit.

FWIW, I would only encourage trying this with cables that you can return after 30 days if you notice little or no material gain.

Wise words

It’s a shame all manufacturers don’t do the 30 day like WH

WH sell direct to the public, therefore all their sales are by phone, online etc. Therefore by law they have to offer a return option if you receive the goods and change your mind, although 30 days is quite generous. Any other seller that operates online will offer this type of returns service, again by law, but in my experience most are happy to do so.

30 days is, as you say, more generous than many. Mind you, given burn-in times, it is only just enough imho unless one is pretty disciplined about the whole business.

If you call WH and say that you have not been able to do much burn-in yet, they’ll often give you another 30, which is good sense from them but definitely not a legal requirement.

1 Like

I’ve upgraded from the 250 to the 300 and have a 4 PIN DIN to XLR SL stereo interconnect from the 250 now spare. I haven’t been able to sell this, is there any dis-benefit in just getting a second one and then run a pair of stereo leads on the 300?

I think I read elsewhere that won’t work, but @Richard.Dane can certainly confirm one way or the other.

Congrats on the 300. I upgraded to one 3 years ago from a DR-upgraded/serviced 250-2 and the 300DR is really quite a different animal.

2 Likes

IIRC, you can run the stereo DIN-XLR leads as mono leads. That’s the standard leads - I’m not sure whether there’s anything about the SLs that would change that.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.