Some system changes

Sorry, I didn’t mean level as in flat, but getting them the same height. The one on the left looks higher, so it’s a case of lowering that one or raising the other.

The Superline could either use a Supercap, which would use the socket currently used by the Rega, or could be powered off the 552, which may well sound just as good. That way you’d actually save a plug.

Ah, I see what you mean but they’re definitely both the same height, it’s just the angle and having to keep them level relative to the floor that isn’t. I’ve gone back to using a piece of 18mm MDF over the carpet to help with levelling and also to keep it level as I found that the spikes would sink further into the floorboards over time. I might go back to spiking direct but will see after a few months of running the pre and amp in.

As far as the TT goes, I’m thinking of going for something different. Most likely an LP12.

Some nice wallpaper would really brighten up that corner.

Haha! It’s not as dark as it looks in the pictures and we’re not fans of wall paper anyway. It’s a dark grey feature wall that also has the Tv hanging on it so helps it blend into the wall.

All looks very neat and tidy. What speakers are on the end of it all?

Are CD555 head units easy to come by? And if so, what sort of price range would one expect?

Some nice photography too!

Thanks RT. I’m using SL2s - always liked the sound of Naim’s speakers. There’s a few others on here that use them too. I like that they go right back on to to the wall too to keep as much room space as possible.

CD555s do come up now and again - I paid just under £6k for mine with the standard 555PS.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.