Songs to showcase your System

Hypothetically, if You are having a friend over and want to show what your system is capable, what one song do your play? Before Covid I was playing Arriving Somewhere But Not Here by Porcupine Tree for my rock friends. Would love to hear your choices.

2 Likes

If friends came over, i’d play “Get out of my house!” by the Covid 19’s :slight_smile:

3 Likes

@GadgetMan I revised my wording of the thread.

Heart ike a Wheel by Linda Ronstadt, PF The Wall, Into the Mystic and Moondance by Van, Elton John, Dianna Krall.

1 Like

I was about to say that very thing!

1 Like

a few Go To tracks for friends and family that really want to hear what can be achieved are (just my humble opinion)

In no particular order

Free - Primal scream (The original Memphis recordings) great tip from forum member
Young - Sam Smith, (they think he’s in the room :smile: )
Perfect Darkness - Fink
Hooverphonic - Mad about you / Live at Koningin
Back to Black - Sam Fender (BBC live session)

1 Like

I think it depends on what you want to emphasize about your system, however it’s always better to play different types of music (eg. pop/rock, soundtracks, and jazz) especially if you are not sure about the listener’s taste. I prefer tracks that can show a good dynamic range, can be subtle, have a great sense of space and are punchy when needed.

It’s hard to choose however If it was me, I would pick songs like:

• Antonio Forcione - Tears of Joy
  • Chihiro Yamanaka - Syncopation hazard
  • Michael Jackson - Thriller
  • Simply Red - Sad old red
  • Michael Giacchino - Jurassic World suite
  • Lorne Balfe - Fate whispers to the warrior
  • Jóhann Jóhannsson - The border
  • Hildur Guðnadóttir - Convoy
  • James Newton Howard - The steam room
4 Likes

The first track on Paul Simon’s Stranger to Stranger makes the unwary jump. Fantastic album, sounds great and beautifully recorded.

2 Likes

Estimated Prophet by that well known Deadhead, Burning Spear.

2 Likes

I usually go with these two:

And then ‘The Guns of Brixton’ by the Clash, as it was the first track that I heard through a Naim XS range feeding Ovators 400’s.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.