Sonus Faber Olympica Nova 3

:grinning:
Told ya!!!

1 Like

The build quality is second to none, the Nova 3s are stunning in every way.

1 Like

I have the SF ON3 with NDXS2/XPSDR, 282, 300DR. The speakers are very very good. I listened to the whoe SF range from Luminas all the way up to the serafinos. Budget wise they were as high as I wanted to go. Soundstaging is flawless, vocals are amazing and the bass is taught and reasonably deep. I would describe them as a very neutral speaker with a slight treblle lift that is extended and smooth. They do everything well and are difficult to fault.

After purchasing them by a few months I managed to do A/B testing at the dealer with the Nova 3 and Serafino and found the serafino to have a slightly warmer signature closer to older SF speakers. with the 552/300 do consider the Serafino if budget allows. If it does not I can assure you the Nova 3 is a very fine speaker.

2 Likes

Thanks for that. I have made up my mind to have them. They are ex demo with not a mark on them that I can see. I was concerned they would be too bassy for my room which is small at 4 x 3.5m, but not so. The bass is deep and controlled and very tuneful. The price is reasonable and so is the ppart exchange after a bit of haggling. After having streamed a wide variety of music over the last couple of days, my elderly LP12 is stepping up to the plate and sounding very good!

The beauty about the Nova 3s is that they do any genre very well. I have the same Wenge finish and they are beautiful. Congrants and wish you many many hours of enjoyable listening

I’ve found the same, Pop, Rock Folk, Jazz, Classical you name it. Vangelis 1492 sounded great this morning!

1 Like

These sort of speakers might well be a 2023 endgame purchase for us once electronics bed in.

We actually went for speaker demo 18 months ago with a SuperUniti to hand (but with 272/250 in mind) expecting to purchase one of the old favourites from our dealer - Spendor, B&W etc. all as well reviewed.

Walked out with a pair of Sonus Faber in boot of car because across a wide range of music they were just better (to our ears of course, speaker choice is very subjective).

We’ll be very interested to demo Nova against other brands. This may require some staycations.

1 Like

Hi Iain, I can certainly recommend them. As @flame_rose said they do any genre very well - which ia ust as well as my musical taste is eclectic, though I avoid most chart music which is generally dire. The Nova’s presentation is outstanding with detail and atmosphere provided in spades. I was always happy with my B&W805D3s. Great speakers though they are, the Novas have taken my system to a new level. Also they look fantastic and the build quality is exceptional.

Andy

3 Likes

The deal is done and the Novas are staying! Finalised matters this morning and clarified a few things. The Novas are newer than I thought being just over a year old, and it would seem that they are not quite run in. I have in fact noticed an improvement in the few days I have had them. The jumpers at the rear are plates and I will replace those in due course. I managed to secure a £3K discount on the new price plus a decent p/ex on my 805s. My system is now quite close to where I want it to be, in fact I wouldn’t be bothered if I never upgraded again - best not listen to an ND555 then!!!

5 Likes

photos please…

This one was posted in the systems pics thread.

10 Likes

ah yes, I remember seeing it…but still nice to see it again.

2 Likes

They are gorgeous beasts lol!

1 Like

Congratulations! They are beautiful indeed, I remember seeing (and briefly hearing) them at a Hifi Show last year. Definitely on my list for whenever I move to place that can take a pair of floorstanders…

1 Like

Thanks Phil, this is my first pair of floorstanders and only my fifth set of speakers in over 40 years, and undoubtedly the best by some margin. I had not previously considered floorstanders but having seen and heard them, I had no doubts. They sound great with any genre of music.

2 Likes

Now you have to decide whether the rear ports face outwards or inwards :joy: :innocent:

Inwards, which makes sense to me bearing in mind the positioning, but I’m not losing any sleep over it :grin:

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.