Sopra n2

Anybody know, the tweeter on sopra n2 is this firing some frequencies backwards because there is a grill in this location.?

I have had mine for about 2 years and love them.

From the Focal Website:

Our Beryllium tweeter features an incredibly light and extremely rigid dome, that deliver a transparent and dynamic sound. Its main limitation comes from the compression of air in the cavity behind it. But the requirement for Sopra to be compact meant that as much of the cabinet as possible had to be used for the bass. We had to explore other options for loading the tweeter, which led us to come up with the IHL system. The "IHL" system enables to load the Beryllium tweeter respecting the compactness demand of the speaker. The rear wave of the tweeter is delicately and gradually absorbed to avoid any distortion. The treble definition is pushed to the maximum

1 Like

Thanks for reply, I have sopra 2 myself so will I benifit from defusion in between the speakers.

This. And there is a link in this info box, where @Hawkmoon can find additional details:
https://www.focal.com/en/focal-teach/ihl-system-infinite-horn-loading

You`ll have to try for yourself. I guess their performancve will change from one room to another.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.