Speaker audition today for Supernait 2

Thanks. I am keen to try Totem speakers but alas, my dealer doesn’t stock them and the few calls I have made haven’t materialised into auditions sadly.

Very pleased so far and after a few days of moving them around at home, really enjoying them!

1 Like

@Paul_Brown … I would revisit the ProAC option and try and find a dealer that you could go and have a showroom demo at least even if travel is required. As mentioned above I ran a pair of D30RS speakers with my SN2 and a pair of D2’s with my XS 2 and the Naim/ProAc combination works well. A lot of members on the forum with this combination.

Good luck in finding a pair of speakers that work with your system in your room!

3 Likes

I totally understand. I was able to get a pristine pair second hand for just over $3k here in the states. Did you decide on the Spendors? I’d recommend listening to ProAc’s as well although in this hobby, what sounds best to you is what is best, there is no absolute right answer!

1 Like

Loving the Spendors but really would like to home trial the Audio Physic Avanti 35s. I will have to try harder to arrange a ProAc demo as both you and @seakayaker (as well as others) have been singing their praises!

I’m actually thinking about pausing further speaker demos until my NDX2 arrives and settles into the set up here…

i would try the totem"hawk"

1 Like

Thanks James - I am having trouble lining up Totem demos so they will have to wait. I think my next home demo will be the Audio Physics Avanti 35s once my NDX2 arrives. Got a new rack on order (Neo High End) which will help me improve the speaker set up in my room in the meantime (as I’m not a big fan of the Fraim aesthetics).

4 Likes

Oohhh…hello…

2 Likes

Lovely right?! It’s called the Quattron. Once set up I’ll add a pic to the systems pics chat

1 Like

Looks great, very stylish.

1 Like

I won’t say I told you so - but I did :wink:

Glad you are enjoying the D7.2s. They are a very special speaker indeed.

1 Like

Haha, you were right and I was really surprised during the 2nd audition of the d7.2s. They are a little brighter than my AP speakers but not in a harsh or fatiguing way at all. They dig out vast amounts of detail but still let you enjoy the music rather than analyse it. The bass weight and detail is quite surprising too. At first they sound a little light compared my AP speakers but it is actually a lot deeper and more accurate. Can’t wait for my Ndx2 to arrive to really hear them at their best.

2 Likes

It is a small space, something like Kans or small BBC style monitors would probably work well while going hard up against the wall.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.