Speaker build - CNO4

I live in North Queensland Aus. We don’t wear shoes unless we leave the house here mate. I actually did have shoes on most of the day :joy:

4 Likes

lovely to see the process of them coming together

4 Likes

Thankyou. :+1:t2:

1 Like

Fab thread, really enjoying the process.

4 Likes

It’s like all my Christmas’s came at once!

11 Likes

This is similar to the driver used in the kudos Titan 808. With a different phase plug and maybe some other small changes. They say they use a custom version.

12 Likes

Plus the 8” version. I have to change the phase plug to black. Came with kit.

Also the crescendo tweeter.

7 Likes

These are rather ridiculous. 12AWG copper foil coils.

6 Likes

Ports! :joy:

11 Likes

That’s a big one, it will be quite a job to erect.

The Olive oil may help with the erection.

4 Likes

:laughing: Thanks for the visuals there mike.

1 Like

Love a SEAS Crescendo!

Can’t wait to see the finished speakers. Wish I could do this but my woodworking skills are limited to building IKEA furniture!

1 Like

I spy one in your speakers!

1 Like

I was just thinking that Marks workshop looks pretty good…and neat. Despite my limited carpentry skills, if I had a workshop like that I would give anything a go.

It seems the first hurdle isn’t the carpentry per se, but getting yourself a decent place set up and the right tools.

The problem I have is that I don’t have enough space to set up a flat workbench + tools…it’s quite frustrating.

2 Likes

To collect dust :joy::joy:

I would suggest a cutting service to cut your panels if you don’t have the means. I made this pair that way. These were glued up on a dining table. I did have to route the driver holes out in the back yard but this (and a drill) was the only tools needed to get the job done. Where there’s a will there’s a way.
Currently out of action due to a broken driver.

3 Likes

Definitely!!! Dust extraction is essential if you want to complete a big speaker. Complete nightmare without it. Not to mention the fact that you’d probably end up in the respiratory ward of a hospital after!

2 Likes

Very impressive, and quite the attention to detail. I admire your skills and ability. Keep us posted. The only issue I see is that you didn’t build a second set for me. :grinning:.

Scott

It’s nice to see some thinking outside the box (pun intended) and not going the safe route with production products. Hope they turn out great :grinning:

1 Like

I’ve heard clips of these Troels Gravesen speakers on youtube and they sound fantastic. Don’t know if they were yours or not. I think they were in Oz.