Speaker cable that I can bend

Spark plugs are just like speakers cables, it’s all about the specification. Plenty of people have lost engines by fitting the wrong plugs; it sounded OK though until it went bang! :wink:

1 Like

Just trialing new cables from Witchhat Service - they make the NN2 No Nonsense and Phantom cables - with a 30day money back g’tee! look good and are flexible ! They are ex Naim engineers ( so I am told ) and they seem to know their onions… Will report back after a few days - they also offer upgrades - Not looked into these as yet - any one had any experience ?

they don’t know the inductance of the cable though…

I believe this is/could only be an issue on naim POWER amps

1 Like

I used N2 on a Olive 250 with no problems it sounded good and is excellent value for the money when I upgraded my boxes I used the N2 on my Unitilite for a couple of years also no problems.

I spoke to the CEO and had a long discussion about capacitance and induction and they were resolute - and assured me there was no issue whatsoever in this regard… I cant see why I should doubt them …
He advised me that they have sold a couple of hundred sets of cables and not had any negative issues / returns or problems with these on NAIM kit…

1 Like

Thanks - I’ve ordered the N2 and the Phantom to trial - the offer of 100% money back g’tee / returns has got to be good value - esp as I need 4 x 10m lengths as I have 2x250’s in active mode! ( this would be IRO £1400 NACA5)

yes, they also told me they have it on a buy and try - the reports from clients over a number of years now would indicate that, whatever the inductance actually is, the cable itself makes a difference to the system overall.

I am sure the cables will be fine but they also told me when asked they have never actually tested the inductance of the cabling itself.

I own N2 speaker cable myself.

I guess you are happy with the NN - over the NACA5 ?

I don’t know if you’ll welcome this observation but - often the problem lies within ourself, not the world.

Man up.

2 Likes

For what’s it worth my cable arrived today from Audioquest. Sounds wonderful

Ok, so I have been listening now for about 5 hours and I am really happy with the Audioquest Rocket 11. I have Chord Sarsen cables before and I can happily say these walk all over them. I’ve never been one to buy in to cables and the hype around them…but I stand corrected!

I have 2 x 7m NACA5 cables in white. I am changing my NAC552/300 along with the NDX2 and probably moving to an integrated system. Much smaller and cheaper system

do you use a jumper

Will be interesting what you end up with and how it compares

No need for jumpers since the Motive SX2s are single wire …

1 Like

I just bought the Stax0092 headphone and the energiser that accompanies it. I must say the sound is just so good that in my opinion to get that quality of sound from my main hifi would probably set me back 6 figures. I will probably go for something reasonable for general music in the room, but my main listening will be the Stax. It will also save me a few bob, which is important and I am no longer in employment.

Not sure I caught that data. To me it doesn’t matter one bit. The cables sound perfectly fine, they’re affordable, they look nice and I have confidence that they cause no undue stress to the amplifier, notably for inductance values. End of the debate for me, YMMV.

I use the phantom cable on my 500dr, sounds great, looks great, lovely quality fitting on both ends and i would say its more a contender against the supler lumina rather than the nac A5. As the N2 is more aimed at that.
Amp runs just fine, same temp, nothing changed apart from it sounded more open and alive, just to add i have also now changed the 2 mono amp cables for the morgana, and once again a nice improvement.
For the money and the return guarantee if you dont like them, i think they are a bargin and on par with super lumina, but for a hell of a lot less. The reason i say this is because i have experienced the same sort of sound upgrade from these cables that i also heard when i was having demo’s at hifi lounge and we switched over from hiline to super lumina and also changed speaker cables.
Will also be trying the morgana cable instead of the hiline and see what the complete hi end, set up from witchhat can do.

3 Likes

TOTALLY in love with my Phantom cables -
The guys are taking my 250s for service next - very exited to hear what an overdue service will make

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.