Speaker covers

Something I am continually amazed by. Wouldn’t say spineless, but my wife wants to see me happy and vice versa, dunno why else I would be married.

That said, the children discussion maybe went a bit far, but the viewpoint that children can learn not to stab speakers was worth mentioning

turn speakers round to face the wall

Mike

I agree, they can learn, and sorry if I was a tad forward and my point about swmbo was an example. I don’t judge, everyone has a story and I respect that.

Scott

1 Like

My son is grown (28) at least he thinks so. In our house it’s debatable :laughing: I recently decided I wanted some kind of cover for my Ebony ProAc’s just to protect from sun fading. I found some nice extra large Pillow Cases on Amazon made of satiny like micro fibre. Modified them a bit, and Bingo nice dust and sun protection for about $20.

@334578 @ChrisSU I’m at a loss for nice words. Im afraid I could give a S… about your opinions on child raising. Mrs. Opus and I did a pretty good job. He graduated college with a job waiting and his BS in Finance and Economics.

I think it might be better if we kept some of our opinions to our selves.

Opus, I don’t have an opinion in this case, or any other related to parenting skills, that was my point, I suggested to keep to the topic and not make it personal.

Scott

I don’t know about covers for the outside, but I did end up putting an old pantyhose/stocking around the port (from the inside) after a toy had to be retrieved from inside a speaker.

oops sorry! I should have used the word ‘accidentally’ in “he landed a nice one on one of my other speakers”. Would have saved the forum a lot of unsolicited advice regarding parenting.

I have music systems three rooms in the house. Children being children, sometimes they get excited and sh!t happens! You just got to take precautions and protect against accidents. That was what my post was about.

BTW my question regarding protecting, was as much about the cabinets as the drivers. So the grills themselves (even if made of metal) is not really the solution to my question.

Thanks for the suggestions regarding speaker covers. I think I will try the grocery bag/adhesive sponge and see how it goes.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.