Speaker journey and complement to Neat speakers

I used to have 82-250. I am very keen to try 72-140 one day. Smoother, perhaps than 82?
I agree on first system.
F

Iā€™ve been using ProAc 125s for many years but needed something smaller to fit in new room configuration, bought some Neat S2s and to my surprise preferred them to the ProAcs, but still a little too large, bought the Iotas and they are really small but you have to ignore their size, they are a step up from the other two speakers, as been said before a very natural easy listen but plenty of detail, I use them all the time for the TV and speech is exceptional, another plus is the other half is happy with them!

1 Like

Interesting findings, and even better than sx2s. I agree that human voices is really authentic.
F

1 Like

I got a pair of NEAT Iota Alphaā€™s back in April to replace my 30 year old Rega ELA mk!'s, I had to downsize into a small house and the Regaā€™s were just too large really, silly I know when comparing them to some out there. They are small but pack a very big punch and are certainly a step up from the Rega which I loved very much. Running them off the back of a 102/NAPSC/HiCap/180, with a LP12, CD5 and Innuos Zen mini and Rega mk1 DAC plus Tidal and spotify. So many options of source, all slightly different in presentation but all enjoyable. The level of bass out of them is unbelievable for such a small cabinet, though my lounge is only around 18 sqM in size. I would expect that they would be a bit lost in a larger room but for me they are not overpowering. Taking a while to run in, which many people say, NEAT say 200hr, not sure I am there yet but they are improving in detail, and the initial slight harshness is now rounding off. At first I wondered if this was going to mean they were not suitable but stuck with it and now much better. So like Fred11 I am really happy with them and recommend you give them a listen, unlike me who just took a punt to get something that would fit in my room and had good reviews. I was looking at Shahinian Arcs S/H but they rarely come up and I missed out on a couple, though they were very far away, like 350 miles and he wouldnā€™t courier them. I got my NEATā€™s at a good discount so was happy, the Arcs would have been more to get a good later pair, though I havenā€™t listened to any so unsure what to expect. People on here and Pink Fish say they are good and same for the NEATā€™s, TomTom also recommended the NEAtā€™s when I spoke with themā€¦

2 Likes

Dear Stew
Sounds like a very nice system with 102-hicap-180 as amps! Very balanced. Agree on harshness disapearing. After break-in they are on the smooth side without loosing prat.
F

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.