Speaker please

Thanks. Some posts state that my source, naim cd5i would be a more sensible upgrade changing my Royd sapphires.?

Than changing my Royd sapphires sorry typo previous post.

IMO speakers will give you the biggest change, but, there’s the law of diminishing returns. So it’s not that simple when starting with a decent existing system.

I’d still audition the speakers first, but be prepared to accept that if they’re not a significant improvement over the ones you have, you should look elsewhere. I.e. don’t get hung up on the idea that they should be upgraded first, simply start checking that assumption.

1 Like

I suspect may on this forum (myself included) have reacted to what they have heard and read rather than what they have listened to.

Neat ministra

If you like the rather forward midrange of your Sapphires, I think you will have to spend quite a lot of money to improve on them. Like most Royds, their bass is limited, which is why putting them close to a wall is recommended in order to reinforce the low frequencies.
Another option, if all that is missing for you is the bass, would be to add a subwoofer and keep the Sapphires.

Yes. What I have noticed. The system as it is the now, a rythmic sound. The pacing, if you get my drift.
I realise there is not a great sound staging but somehow it all seems right. Just listening to Mark Knopfler at the moment. Pretty foot tapping stuff. May be, as I’ve introduced the cd5i now and it’s had a couple of days fired up, things are settling down.
Next week I’ve got a lavender Din coming so I’ll see what it’s like when I swap that in.
Thanks.

I’d have a look at the Q Acoustics 3010i and 3020i. Rear ported so ideally need a bit of space. Stylish and sound great. Available from Richer Sounds and Amazon etc. Naim dealer Signals too.

Thanks Chris. I’ll take a look. Cheers!

1 Like

I am just about to buy a pair of Q Acoustics 3000ST stands for my 3010is, to get the best from them. The same stands also fit the 3020is. As stands go, they don’t hurt you too much.

Tell me what it’s like when you have it going. I don’t really want to ditch my Linn Kan stands. Probably too small in depth for the speakers you have.

I would would check ou the Neat Minstra this is a cute little isobarik that likes near Wall locations…this will give you good punch down to 40hz!!!

let us.know how you get on!

I got it wrong, the right stands for the 3010i and 3020i are the 3000FSi. Price-wise they are a bit more painful.

But this is all very much by the by if you are keeping the Kan stands.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.