Speaker spikes

+1 on the Townshend’s -I have them under SF Guarneri Homages–didn’t think anything could improve on the maestro Franco’s masterwork–but 100% recommendation here too.

D41

1 Like

I use Track Audio spike shoes for my Kudos speakers (to match the Track Audio spikes which Kudos use in their Titan speakers). The shoes can either be bought with machined aluminium inner sleeves (to couple the spikes to the floor) or a softer material to aid decoupling. The Track Audio shoes also make it easy to glide my T88 speakers across a wooden floor into the right position which is very useful. Personally I found that the Track Audio shoes improved the sound over Naim chips for example by tightening the bass response of the speakers (odd as I didn’t expect too much of a difference before I tried them).

Thanks for reply they look nice where did you buy them.?

I bought my Track Audio spike shoes from Coherent Systems (a dealership in Bucks). They were pretty quick in getting them posted to me (apparently they are just ‘down the road’ from Track Audio themselves). I’m sure there are other dealers too…

Have used Townshend Seismic Isolation Bars for around 5 years they made a significant difference to the supplied speaker spikes. I posted my findings on the forum but did not seem to arouse much interest.

I recently tried Gaia 2 isolation as they were aesthetically more pleasing, but whilst they are quite effective and superior to spikes, they are not as effective as the Townshend Bars and I have returned to the reinstalled the latter.

1 Like

Appreciate the insight @GerryMcG. I’ve not got to the point of committing to one option or another, I am curious of what improvements might be gained by changing the speaker/floor interface. I had pondered new speakers but I figure I like my PMC’s overall and with a change in feet might be satisfied with the results enough to stick with them.

I recommend Finite elemente cerabases compact. Wonderful upgrade. 800 GBP/ set of 4.
Expensive but very very good.

1 Like

What are the red balls made of?

Ceramic it seems, “High-Tech” no less according to their website!

Yes, it’s ceramic. I think the color is only on the pic, to see better.
What do you mean by “ high tech no less” ? ( I am french)

It’s the description they use in the product catalogue on the manufacturers website.

Material*
stainless steel, precision machined, 3 high-tech ceramic balls

I’m just curious what makes a ceramic ball high-tech…

Do you have/use these on your own speakers @frenchrooster?

It’s ceramic. It’s obviously therefore high tech. Like a plate. Or a bowl.

Or expensive brakes on a fast car which cost £10k to change…

Yes, I have it. It made a wonderful improvement.
As always, descriptions on sites can be a bit snake oil. But these are very good components.

That’s the more useful feedback here, appreciate the insight, another option for consideration.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.