Speakers for C B

Correct. Olive only.

Besides black box systems feeding bigger Spendors, currently I have Spendor 3/5e speakers running on a CB 42/HC/110 system in one room and 3/5R2 speakers running on a CB 32/140 system in another room. The 3/5 speakers do like bigger power amps, but they are still very good with a NAP110 or 140.

I could happily live with any of them, but their use is heavily influenced by the time of day, time available for listening and tolerance for sound levels among other members of the family (who sometimes prefer to sleep when I am listening in the small hours).

2 Likes

Can’t beat starting at the top :wink: :joy:

Hoping it all works out for you.

C.

1 Like

Richard I believe it to be an Olive.
TYPE: NAC 72.
Serial # 57234
Has small paper tag in LH corner reads “DE CAP
NAIM
01/20”
Can you provide any more history?
Not a scratch on the body,knobs or back plate. This could pass as brand new.

Gordon, yes, it should be Olive.

The serial number indicates it’s quite an early one from '89, so will have a pair of interchangeable card inputs on BNCs. As for any history, you can ask Naim whether they have anything for this one. I’d imagine the previous owner perhaps put the paper tag on there, which would suggest a “re-cap” in January 2020.

1 Like

I had a 1990 NAC72, which was Ser No 68xxx. It had 2 sets of BNC’s, with K & V boards fitted.

V boards are variable line level boards, intended to ‘tame’ early CD players.

Was definitely Olive…

Thank you for the info.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.