Speakers for Uniti Star

I’m thinking of getting a Uniti Star for duty in a new Garden Room. Swapping other things round could free up a pair of Linn Katans: would they do any sort of justice to the Uniti Star, or does it merit something newer/better?

Thanks,

Neil

I have a Star, and after a auditioning chose the B&W 702s2. I also thought the Revel F206 worked really well.

I bought a Uniti Star last year and recently added a pair of Focal Aria 926’s, they sound bloody fantastic.

2 Likes

PMC Twenty5.23i’s sound great too.

1 Like

I have Focal 936s at the end of my 82, Suoercap2 and 135s. The 926s or 936s would be a good match for the Star.

Depending on the size of the room which ones you choose.

They represent good value for money.

I have Kef LS50 connected to my Star and I think they work really well. Mine are original version so the Meta would work well too methinks

1 Like

Katans are great in medium to small rooms, my choice over suggested B&W / Focal

Thanks Per, the Katans are currently on an old Arcam Solo Neo and fine in a smallish dining room. Just wondering if they’d do justice to the Star, so that’s interesting feedback, as saving the £ for new speakers would be welcome! For various reasons they need to be “bookshelf” speakers. Anyone else with experience of Katans on a Naim Star-level unit?

Thanks,

Neil

1 Like

If by “bookshelf” you mean to be placed on furniture, - not stands, I’d look at Ophidian Minimo or Mojo.
I’ve had my Minimo’s on a very limited space furniture, actually they replaced Iota’s, every pal who heard them, said positive and some just wanted…
They are so tiny, Mojo’s more like Katan size.
These speakers should be more popular, they fit in everywhere and are really good.

Somewhat governed by what’s available readily, I’m leaning towards ATC SCM7 or 11s, Dynaudio Evoke 10s, Neat Iotas or maybe Guru Juniors. Anyone with experience of these on a Star/Atom/Nova? What about cable? Need something thin and discreet in the room in question, not Superlumina! Is Chord Sarsen “good” enough? What is the minimum individual length guideline these days if there is one; I read the old Naim minimum of 3.5M is no longer as important with the new amps? The Star will be near the speakers so even 1 M would reach!

Thanks,

Neil

Have you considered PMC Wafer 1 or Wafer 2 speakers? They might work well for you in your garden room as they are designed to be wall-mounted.

I’ve just auditioned a lot of speakers to sit on alcove cabinet to go with my Nova. I wanted to try the ATCs but couldn’t get any on demo. Dynaudio Evoke 10s were my favourites. Plenty of punch, big soundstage, beautiful tone throughout the range and everything just fitted together right. I have to have mine slightly closer to the wall than I would like but the bass is still very well controlled.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.