Speakers

If you have not seem them the new fact signature range have this light or dark flecked finish which to be fair some may like…but to me its like a nice kitchen worktop. And considering the fact 12 is now about £15 k…not acceptable to me anyway.I presume the fact signature series will be short lived, while they develop new speakers with more of the Fenestria technology?

They are far too deep to my eyes and look more like doors, never mind the colour.

1 Like

Secondhand (and including wood veneer versions) commonly around £8k, and occasionally appear as low as £4-5k, though that may be a starting bid price.

But small when viewed from in front…

Exactly so, just like a door.

4 Likes

My wife likens my speakers to coffins - as she did their predecessor! Maybe doors are better in the home…

Me and quite a few others would tell you that the S1’s, absent subwoofer(s), can be a bit lacking for 2-channel stereo. Not at all with the S3’s (mk 1 or 2??). S1’s without a home audition may disappoint :frowning:

We love our A3’s but had them in the home to audition. From minute 1 we loved them.

Just an opinion, but the fact 8 are meant to be bi amped, and 12’s can be tri amped to get the most out of the speakers. That’s not to say the crossovers won’t lend to a wonderful sound. I considered the facts until I realized I would never bi amp with Naim product, as it is suggested to go active biamping as passive bi amping with Naim is not suggested due to many opinions and theories, but can be done. I chose the 25.26 series and have never looked back.

Scott

I am not sure that they are “meant” to be bi- or tri- amped, but they are designed so that you can, and more significantly if they are anything like my EB1s, or the MB2 etc you can easily remove the internal crossover and do proper active bi- or tri- amplification (I don’t really understand the point of passive multi-amping - if you go to the expense of multiple amps, you might as well do it properly!

So your budget is $25000 there’s an awe full lot of speakers in that price range Wilson Sasha DAW, the Magico as mentioned, ProAc K6, Magneplanar’s , Raidho, Dynaudio Confidence 50. Lots of great speakers. If I was going to spend that much I’d take a trip to a HI-FI show. I doubt you’ll ever get a dealer to bring some of these speakers for home trial

Fact 8 is bi amp optional, fact 12 is bi and Tri amp optional. I have heard both using crossovers, and bi amped, the difference is recognizable. Just an opinion.

Scott

I have never listened to any PMC speaker so shouldn’t really comment. However, a speaker to consider is Spendor D9, which I ofcourse own and love. Splendid speakers.

1 Like

Been using them for over a year now. Spendor adjusted the finish to match my furniture and arranged for a week long home trial. They are fantastic speakers. Easy to drive, easy to position (if you get some help lifting them). I think Spendor has recently improved them, but I like mine so much I’ve not thought about improved versions.

I have owned PMC speakers and they were very good, but my preference is the Spendors. I much prefer Spendor D9s to the Kudos I’ve heard, which only goes to show how opinions differ regarding speakers.

1 Like

Hi are the spendor warm sounding and how much from rear wall works best.

I think you may have intended that for others, as I haven’t heard Spendors, but regarding distance from back wall that will depend on your room and seating position.

No mention yet for ATC!

How queer!

2 Likes

Are the d9 warm sounding.?

Nor SBL’s!

1 Like

No Totems?

1 Like

I used to have PMC twenty.23s, the predecessor to the twenty5 version. I swapped to SL2s, which are way better and cost me £2,100. For the £6,995 price of the Fact 8 Signature you could have SL2s - or indeed an alternative used speaker for the same price - and replace the existing stand with Fraim. Just a thought.

Hi Bart,

In fact I won’t be able to audition the S1 MkII.
I’ll audition the Q1 and the S3 MkII.

It’ll give me an idea of the S1 MkII , which should be somewhere in between.

I not sure what speakers will replace my JMR Abscisse.
I’d say the S1 MkII are good candidates.

I’ll also be able to audition the M2. But these are clearly out of range :smile:

Cheers,
Thomas