Speakers

There’s a pair of Naim DBL’’s on n a certain auction house.

They would fill a large room.

1 Like

@stuart.ashen I saw large and 135 and naturally as an SBL owner and lover I thought I would help another pair survive a few years longer. After seeing 14x14 METERS I quiety dipped out of the conversation! It would be interesting to hear from anyone who has used (with success) SBL’s in a large room though as now I am curious!

1 Like

My thoughts exactly Steve! And if you like what SBLs do nothing else quite cuts the mustard IMHO. It’s always nice to see a pair in System Pics.

Stu

Given the very large room size, one very significant factor is the distance between anticipated speaker and listening positions - are they at opposite ends of the room, when indeed the room must be “filled” to hear at decent levels, or is the listening position much closer, when the fact that the rest of the room is not as loud is irrelevant - or rather is beneficial. In the latter circumstance the overall dimensions of the room have negligible effect on the demand placed on the speakers, while the distant walls reduce the level of reflections, and resonant frequencies are lowered. In my own case I have a large room (which at 7x7m is tiny compared to 14x14!), but actually I sit only about 3-4m from the speakers (the optimum position in the room is 3m).

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.