Spend serious money on wall sockets or not?

…could be the Friday night G&T but…all this is above me…think ill play some Eagles :+1:

1 Like

I am with you on that one… I’m going down the village pub shortly…

Yes of course.

I like and use the Oyaide R1

1 Like

Out of interest, how would you deal with those if not possible to keep away?

I for example have the following:

• Uniti Star
  • TT1
  • TT2
  • Phono preamp
  • Switch (ww)
  • TV
  • TV set-top box (ww)

Ww = wall wart

I have 5 sockets, a (cheap) extension block is plugged into the last, the last three devices plugged into that. I have no dedicated mains or other sockets to plug these into. So, it is what it is, or any optimisations you see?

Thanks

I’ve had great results using this MCRU silver plated job. At £40.
It has silver plated jaws as well as silver plated bus bars joining the two sockets to a single LNE at the back. Making it simpler than the more upmarket jobs requiring some work around wiring in two separate LNE terminals.
I would suggest these things make a subtle difference, although more in house keeping a homogeneous global reference to all your cables metallurgical disposition !
I have a lot of silver plated cables and pins in my system and I find they just seem to gel together more using this socket.
If, like many who have a hotchpotch of various different cables, you might be better off using decent hospital grade unswitched sockets.

Keep the wall wart powersupplies and network switches as far away from your audio stuff as you can and leave it at that.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.