Spendor A7 Vs D7

That’s such a personal choice, don’t let us influence you.

1 Like

I demoed the A4’s and A7’s. Honestly they both sounded very good to me. I got a good price for the A7’s so I picked those. My room is not real small so I just felt that the bigger size would give me a bit more overall. I really liked the A4’s though. If my room was a bit smaller they would have been the pick. Not heard the D7’s.

2 Likes

Today I have picked up a nice dark walnut pair of spendor A7s.
I accidentally stumbled upon a dealer with a mint EX Demo pair, not even fully run in.
At a bargain price with grilles and all packaging :grinning:

7 Likes

Enjoy.

1 Like

Enjoy! I’ll likely be going through the same process as you soon but with the D7.2

1 Like

I would go for the D7.

1 Like

D7s if they were the same price, but I’d be delighted with A7s

You’re asking do I prefer this excellent to this superb speaker. so whatever the answer is then it’s a winner

*Today I have picked up a nice dark walnut pair of spendor A7s.*
  • I accidentally stumbled upon a dealer with a mint EX Demo pair, not even fully run in.*
  • At a bargain price with grilles and all packaging :grinning:*

Ideal choice - enjoy these wonderful speakers.

2 Likes

As an upgrade to your Dynaudio - excellent choice :grinning:

1 Like

Hi I have Naim Ovator 400s which I like but they don’t have a very good treble has anyone had these and and changed them for something else and thought I’m so glad I did?

Had to return the Spendor A7s :cry:
Wife just didn’t like the Dark Walnut colour and that was that.
I had two choices,
Either pay full for a new set of a different colour A7s
Or go for the Brand New D7s I originally found on offer.

I have decided to take a leap and gone ahead with the purchase of the D7s.
Many comments have suggested they are the superior option of the two.
I hope, without my demoing them, they are.
Loved the sound from the A7s
Hope I am not making a big mistake :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

1 Like

Good luck. I have the D7.2s now though I never heard the originals I expect they are similar. I used to have the A4s and have tried the A7s, which I liked, but the D7.2s are significantly better to my ears.

3 Likes

Thanks, that is reassuring to know.
I am hoping A7 sound with extras, bigger soungstaging and better low end communication.
What would you say where the immediate standout differences between the A7s and the D7.2s?

Prepare yourself for the inevitable upgrades in order to get the best out of the D7’s

1 Like

I suppose that’s why where all here.
The upgrade itch that never goes away :crazy_face:

1 Like

The main differences are a sense of being enveloped by the sound, better imaging, greater clarity all round and not just the low end.

3 Likes

New spendor D7s have arrived.
Have not had a chance to listen today due to work.

8 Likes

Gorgeous speakers! Do share your experience when you are able to.

2 Likes

lol… I auditioned both Spendor D7 and B&W 804 D3 and neither could make me change from my Dynaudios. The spendors are fine, but not an upgrade.

Only a contour 60 or Confidence Dynaudio is an upgrade to my ears…

1 Like

I did look to demo the dynaudio special 40s.
I had read many different reviews on them but was a little put off by the stereophile review.
(Stereophile had mentioned an over-lively enclosure and congestion in the midrange)
I preferred the fuller range and soundstaging offered from many floorstanders, as the special fortys lower frequency range is 41hz.

I had also demoed these Marten Heritage Bird 2s, powered via a Naim XS2 and still sounding great.
But chose the spendors over them.
It was nothing to do with the price obviously :wink:

1 Like