Sport Pay For View

There is a trade off between tv sponsorship and development of a game’s infrastructure and marketing it to a wider audience. Football’s elite benefit from sponsorship yet championship clubs go bankrupt. How can premiership clubs survive without a feeder system from lower leagues? This problem is mirrored in cricket and rugby union - the capitalist market view as applied to sport Has failed grass root participation and support.

2 Likes

I only moaning about paying for something I don’t want - BBC. I’m happy to pay for things I do want.

I would like Cricket to be free to view so more people could see games. How else will children learn how to bowl a carrom ball by flicking it between the thumb and a bent middle finger to dismiss Steve Smith for a duck at the Bellerive Oval.

1 Like

In my view if you’re not interested in Forest Green then you should not have to pay towards their new stadium, As an Ecotricity customer, i guess I contribute, but I’m happy to do so. I think it is rather more than a football stadium though with Dale Vince promoting it as a centre to bring employment to the area. Still I agree with you.

1 Like

There are mixed views about Dale, and some are sceptical about his motives. Nevertheless, there are some interesting environmental offsets to the development, which I endorse. However, that stretch of the M5 is becoming quite congested, and the view from Selsley Common has become more industrial - such is progress.

1 Like

Well YouTube and my connection failed to supply me with reliable pictures so I reverted to the radio. This was fine, not least because it was how as a child I used to listen. I had a tiny mushroom-shaped earpiece on my ‘tranny’ and hid under the covers listening to heroic European footie nights (often featuring Liverpool) when my folks thought I was asleep.

Bruce

1 Like

Plus the obligatory torch?

Of course I slept with the light on…

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.