Spotify Hi Fi

Lumin pushed a Spotify Connect update for their streamers the other day. Might be in preparing for Spotify HIFI launch.

1 Like

You need to change the payment model. If I pay EUR 15/month and only listen to Träd, Gräs och Stenar then they should receive my EUR 15. In the currently used model most of my money will go to “artists” I never listen to. The internet has resulted in just one big money transfer from smaller/talented artists to the top 200.

2 Likes

True, but not so different from the past. Artists got maybe 50 cent from a physical sale, often much less, a euro if established and lucky. And had to pay back various advances from that. Many of the greatest indie records sold 50K or maybe 100K. The number of people buying physical records of anything but the greatest hits was always small. It was never possible to make a living from this for most. So yes this sucks, but the problem is the industry and not the distribution method

3 Likes

While this feels annoying, if you pool all the money and all the streams, then it does not make so much of a difference (though there are various artefacts - Tidal explains it well in the support section of their website, https://support.tidal.com/hc/en-us/articles/4410418190609-How-Does-TIDAL-Pay-Artists-Differently-). Because Träd also gets a small percentage from the fees paid by those who only listened to Lady Gaga and never to Träd.

1 Like

Not coming anytime soon by the look of it. I’ve just signed up to tidal for three months as they now have the connect feature. No excuse to not have lossless these days. If tidal has all the same features i like in Spotify then I’ll keep it and cancel Spotify. Shame as I’ve been with them for years

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.