Spotify Premium v Tidal HiFi

Yes i definitely understand your approach. I have a pretty big collection of FLAC’s on my local network (around 3000 albums), so usually when i use a streaming service it is to find more obscure or underground stuff. Tidal and Qobuz each have their own strengths, but neither of them unfortunately is ideal for this purpose…

1 Like

Listening to “In The Mountains” with Spotify Premium and Tidal HIFI on a pair of 300USD balanced armature in-ears. I cannot detect any difference. What to listen for? Saying the cymbal in the beginning is a big difference between the services is extremely challenging IMO and I’d say I have very trained ears.

Have you checked you have best audio options on both and same settings (normalization etc)?

Switching around between Spotify, Tidal, Qobuz and FLAC files via UPnP or USB cable I have lost track and have no idea of the source half of the time! Don’t care anymore as the music is just great, which is what it’s all about. Happy listening everyone!

4 Likes

I don’t have a horse in this race (I stream via Qobuz) but I’d like to show my appreciation for pointing me at the Espen Eriksen Trio. Lovely stuff.

1 Like

They were great at Manchester’s Band On The Wall with Andy Sheppard. Was that 2019 or 2018? Time flies…

Glad I am not a user frankly

1 Like

Yes I guess you are much happier being a Tidal customer.

1 Like

Such a waste of money… who wants to listen them?

2 Likes

Sorry for the rather delayed response. In short, yes. The clarity and separation through Tidal (and Shure 535SE) compared to Spotify on its highest audio quality is very clear to my ears.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.