Spotify won't Connect

I have a first-generation ND5 XS streamer which the Spotify app will no longer recognize – device window just keeps searching. Connection to router is via ethernet and Naim app works fine as does internet radio. I have tried updating ND5 firmware (v4.8), reset all settings, reset router, updated Spotify and logged out/in plus confirmed Spotify permissions on my IOS devices.

I realize Spotify is not the best platform but that is where a lot of my selections are saved (and the old ND5 does not support Qobuz!) Any Spotify-Naim conflicts anyone is aware of, or is there way to force a connection from Spotify Connect to the streamer?

Did you try using the Naim app?

You should use the Spotify app and choose the ND5 XS as device to play through …

Just FYI, there are websites like Soundiiz dot com that let you transfer your favorites between different streaming services. You just need a one-month subscription for 5 euros to transfer them over

He says the ND5 XS doesn’t show up in the Spotify app…

Sorry @davidhendon bad reading from my side … time to go to bed …

Correct, the Naim app “sees” Spotify (before upgrading firmware it said could not connect to server) but it will not select any music unless there was something previously playing. The app instead directs you to Spotify itself where you need to search for a device and this is where I’m stuck. I assumed this was due to a Spotify-Naim compatibility issue that may have recently cropped up but I am not sure since no one else seems to have this problem.

My Dad has the similar problem with his UQ2-Nap100 for some time. UQ2 is not the with the latest fw. He did all the things mentioned above, except fw update. I live in a different country, and he cannot do fw upgrade by himself, so I cannot be of real help other than some facetime suggestions. In the last step, when he selects UQ2 from devices in Spotify app, there is only running wheel ,but no connection. All other stuff work OK, FM radio, iradio, local streaming from NAS, etc. I posted the issue in streaming audio thread before.

Problem diagnosed: Conflict is between Spotify and my specific router (c4000xg from ISP CenturyLink in Seattle) but I am unable to determine exactly why. No problems when I test on other networks. I have seen a post about firewalls creating this problem but I have no firewall active. Solution is to use another router (Amplifi) for my ND5. Back to the music…

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.