SQ issue! Chord qutest vs uniti atom

Indeed, one option.

Thanks! Any particular cable you preferred?

Mark Grant HDX1 BNC to BNC is great value I use a pair of these between MScaler and Qutest, ND5XS2 to MScaler I use a Naim DC1

I’d stay with Naim DC1.

Naim DC1 - and it often comes up secondhand or ex-demo in the usual places.

Finally got a used Naim dc 1 bnc to rca cable and bought an rca to bnc adapter to convert to a bnc to bnc cable. I hope that using an adapter at one end doesn’t affect SQ.

Have my Hugo tt2 connected to the gryphon Diablo via rca kimber cables. Wondering if changing to XLR interconnects between the two makes a difference.

1 Like

Adaptors should be avoided if possible as they do degrade performance.

Thanks Richard. Might return the cable in that case.

In terms of sound quality do XLR interconnects sound better than RCA interconnects from TT2 to the gryphon integrated amp?

Is TT2 balanced? If yes, and if the Gryphon too, XLR should sound better.

1 Like

An update—Finally managed to get a TT2 and an m scaler hooked to my Naim nd5xs2. Everything I heard about the TT2 + M scaler is right…sq is brilliant. Anyone using stock bnc cables to connect both? That’s what I am using for now until I know better.The TT2 is unbalanced so using the rca kimber cables to connect the TT2 to amp. XLR might not improve sq it seems.

6 Likes

Which amp are you running it into?

@Rupeteam uses Gryphon Diablo 300 :joy:

1 Like

Looks like a beast!

Is there any chance of a pic?

I still use Naim DC1 digital cables from my streamer into Chord Dave (and previously to Hugo 2 and TT2 from MScaler). DC1 are easily found on the Bay.

There are other SPDIF cables specifically tuned to the MScaler to DAC link, which are more expensive.

Hi everyone, my Hugo TT 2 developed a fault so had to send it back to chord for repairs. Once it’s back, I will post a pic. I was using stock bnc cables and 10 year old chord speaker cables. Maybe that’s the next change I have to consider. The output from tt2 is unbalanced so sticking to rca cables ( again may need to upgrade to shawline). Temporarily using a qutest with m scaler !

1 Like

And how it sounds to you?

1 Like

The combination sounds very detailed, brighter than the Hugo tt2 and possibly more digital.It’s still a very good sound.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.