Stageline connections

Is it…? Naim seem to disagree here, preferring to get the earthing/grounding ‘right’.

YMMV, as always.

Grounding is important but Naim has also talked about shortening signal paths it is one reason Naim recommends plugging in the power amp Snaic to the nearest socket to the pre-amp power/signal socket on a HiCap for example.

I mean significant in terms of the signal path length being doubled by using the power supply output rather than the Stageline one. As far as listening goes it does not (as I said above) make any difference to my ears.

BTW Naim say nothing in the manuals about the earthing considerations between using the Stageline signal output and the power supply output. Besides just because to Naim or anyone a thing is a priority does not mean something else is not significant also.

I think it’s been established that the signal ground goes to the xCap anyway with the StageLine so unless you use an iSupply, the grounding is the same either way.

I suspect the reason is simpler; a standard DIN interconnect is 5 pin. Using 4 pin to 5 pin needs a special order. So keep it simple and tell people to run a standard DIN interconnect from the xCap.

I agree the earthing should be the same but even if you use a Flatcap XS or HiCAP you still need a 4 to 5 pin SNAIC if you use one of them to power a Stageline and use the power supplies signal output. All power supply std din signal outputs are 4 pin and input on a pre-amp 5 pin. There is a 5 pin output I think on a supercap but I doubt many would use a supercap to power a Stageline.

I’ll take your word for it. I’ve not looked round the back of either my HC or SC in ages.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.