Stageline - loose output DINS

Hi folks - following good advice from Richard I have sourced a pair of NA522 cards to fit into my NAC82 to suit MM, and bought a Stageline S for MC carts, allowing me to change without opening the NAC82 and changing phono cards.

I was concerned to see the DIN outputs move readily between 3 and 5mm in all directions. I can’t upload video as it is not a supported format.

Would appreciate any users experiences, it may be OK but didn’t chime with the legendary build an old olive gear user expects

Hi Biggers1,

That’s completely normal - the DIN sockets are directly mounted to the PCB, which in turn is mounted to the chassis using special decoupling mounts that allow movement of the whole board.

Regards
Neil.

Cheers Neil, I am grateful for your confirmation before I hook it to a Hicap and power it up tomorrow. Floating connects are a one on and old Olive kit man! I am putting the NA522 cards into the NAC82 so can run up my old favourite carts - regards Steve

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.