Stageline

The 523 “K” boards work fine with any of the old Supex-based Linn cartridges (Asaka, Karma, Troika) but I think you’ll find a Linto is a step up from the Stageline.

2 Likes

Hello actually you may well have identified perhaps not the full cause but part of it, I do have to crank up the volume for the phono, let’s say at 8 clock for the cdx it’s around 12 or even 1 o clock to get the same phono volume, at the 8 or 9 setting the phono noise is minimal, well it looks like a linn mc is next to try, thank you for your help, oh and the xps power switch is now sorted much to my relief. Regards to all

The volume mismatch you describe is usual, for the source combination you have, unfortunately. Perhaps an alternative Phono amp will help - you need to compare… :thinking:

Hello, yes I will look at possibly a Linn phono stage, or even change the cartridge, shame as it’s under 50 hrs after goldring rebuild, will eventually work things out :+1:t3:

Thinking will look for a nice Linn Linto and try that first, perhaps been specifically designed for the linn mc it might improve matters, now I have to decide what to do with the isotek mini sub conditioner I recently purchased, as luck would have it I acquired it off that well known auction site so it will probably go back on, shame as it imho didn’t affect sound quality but it’s just to big to fit into my system, regards Neil.

The Naim “K” boards were designed specifically for the low output Linn/Supex cartridges. Average LOMC outputs have risen from ~0.2mV to ~0.5mV in the intervening years (mid 1980s to the present). The gain with the Linto may be more to your liking that the Stageline but I used the Stageline K for many years with an Asaka and never had any issues.

1 Like

Hello and thank you for your input, I have been looking at both the stageline k and the Linto, I can’t find a manual for the stageline they all seem to have 2 snaic connections on the rear the k only has one 5 pin so I am unsure as to how to connect to the system, if it’s simply a case of one snaic connection I might give it a punt, any help appreciated.

Neil, you usually take the audio signal from the PSU that is powering the Stageline. To do this you will need a 4pin to 5 pin interconnect. Not a ‘snaic’ If you are powering the Stageline from a preamp you just use the 5pin Snaic which carries power and signal.

However a Linto is a better viable alternative in my view.

Here’s the connection diagram for you;

1 Like

Hi, yes the Linto looks to be easier to accommodate the stageline I have been looking at doesn’t have any cables so I would need to purchase both plus a flat cap, if it was a case of just connecting to the aux on the 82 it was worth a try, but as it’s similar to the internal k boards the Linto is probably a better bet, thanks and regards.

As a person who owned both the Linto and the Stageline K in the context of 552/500, Linn Ekos2/Arkiv B for a fair number of years, I hate to say that the Linnto outperforms the Stageline K, but it is still very musical, good value for money. But now I feed the analog input of the Linn new generation Klimax DSM/3 from the Lejonklou Entity 1.1, one word - Wow.

Hi, unfortunately the system you have is just a dream, I will be sticking with my modest system, I’m happy your happy with your set up. Regards Neil

There is nothing wrong with that. No one should feel they ‘have to’ upgrade or change their system. Be happy with what you have… :crazy_face:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.