Stand Mounted Speakers

The PMC MB2 is a rather wonderful stand mount speaker, though whether the NAP300 would do it justice I have no idea. As for distance from wall, that depends on the entirety of the room, notably the shape/dimensions not floor area and nature of surfaces/furniture, and the listening position, not just the speakers and size of room, so not easy to predict suitable postitioning.

@drlaj any chance you could share a picture of your Confidence 20s in your set up?

Graham Audio LS5/9 is worth a listen. One of my favorite stand mounts. Admittedly I do gravitate toward the BBC style of speaker.

You refer to BBC style speakers… these are the current BBC monitors for radio and music that are used; Dynaudio Professional AIR 6, AIR 20, and BM5 reference monitors… is it the AIR 6 you are fond of?

Or are you referring to the vintage radio voice oriented designs of yesteryear the LS3/5A designs?

BBC licensed designs like the one I mentioned.

I did have a pair of BM5a that I used as monitors in my home studio when I did overdubs and light editing at home for my band’s bigger studio work, but no—I’m talking about BBC style, designed, inspired, licensed thin walled boxes like the LS5/9 I mentioned. I own LS3/5s and LS5/8s at the moment and they’re amazing.

Ah I see, so the vintage LS designs. Yes I was rather fond of some of the Harbeth designs… they had a delightful smooth filtered mid, ideal for voices, but I found a bit too coloured in the bass… I like a faster more transparent sound… but those LS designs tend to be very forgiving and euphoric and can sound rather appealing to my ears… especially for spoken voices with modern mics.

Yes. The BBC influenced or derivative designs. I used to have various other more “modern” designs, most recently before the Grahams was the Spendor D7.2, but none reproduce more enjoyable music than I hear now.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.