Statement disappointment

Just pack it and send it to me please!

Ultimate protest over the tapeout problem:)

Then there is no dealer responsibility in this.

Snap!

Erm, with no disrespect at all to the OP and all sympathy for his predicament, just re-stating the facts: he didn’t specify what he wanted, nor look at the product information, instead making assumptions based on other products from the same manufacturer! So indeed if there is fault it is the customer’s - Claire I think was just trying to provide a view of a possible alternative solution to the predicament for the OP to consider, given that he now is in the position he is in.

5 Likes

Yes we both wrote it at the same time. I just saw your post.

1 Like

David never said there was…did he?

Yes he did!

Synchronicity at play. You could even connect those 2 dins to a mini mixer and get multiple outputs for headphones etc.

1 Like

…what I am saying, in a round about way, is that Naim bear no responsibility for the news owner’s disappointment. In any case, it looks like there is a solution, with the pre-amp’s volume control available as a pseudo recording level control. I doubt very strongly that the output could be set at unity gain!

David, you misunderstood my post Which if you look was a reply to jlewis). …I was saying to jlewis that YOU had not said the dealer had any responsibility.

1 Like

Let me clear something up. At no point did I accuse or insinuate accusation of wrong doing by anyone. This isn’t about blame. Obviously, the responsibility was mine in determining that I was getting what I thought. I was merely expressing disappointment and frustration about the predicament.

To those who are offering constructive advice, thank you! I will contact Naim regarding the suggestions made to see how viable they may be.

14 Likes

Good luck
I think in the long term you will not regret your purchase. It is just the surprise which is eating you at the moment.

You could also feed the reel to reel from the phono output of the cd555 and switch the output on the CD player but that would not help you recording records obviously.

Luckily I had read the manual so I knew my reel to reel and headline had to go downstairs before the statement pre arrived.

1 Like

Mitch, sorry to hear you didn’t understand the lack of record facility on the Statement. I would suggest that you just make direct connection from whatever source you wish to record, it’s just a simple cable connection. You will of course be able to play your tape recordings through the Statement and you should be able to monitor off tape through the S1 while recording.

7 Likes

@Mitch in an earlier thread I was preaching the benefits of streaming. No I don’t have one to sell, but that option looks like a good one now. You got an unbelievable deal on your statement system. Even if you purchase a new 555 with 2ps, you still will have that system at half the regular price of the statements. Plus you will have all the benefits of streaming. I know you are disappointed but you do have the second system.

Then it seems to me that a modification needs to be designed for the NAC S1.

Hi Richard. So if I understand you correctly, in order to record, I would need to unplug the source IC form the Statement and plug it directly into the Revox? Of course my IC’s have DIN connectors on them so I would need to alter the cables (or have a second set) to accommodate the XLR jacks on the Revox…

You can use the phono out from the CD player and plug that in to the Revox then you only have to change the output on the CD player from din to phono when you want to record

…apologies for unintentionally inciting less than constructive and amicable discussions. This is one of the weaknesses of e-communications (but still my fault).

Connect directly to reel to reel, then as its got 3 heads you can play back, what you have just recorded through the S1 as normal.
My best mate has quite a few reel to reels and i have a bit of experience with them, but this is what i would do

Hi Ian. Currently, my CD player uses a DIN to DIN IC. In order to follow your suggestion I would need a second IC, one with RCA jacks for the CD end and with XLR jacks for the Revox end. I could leave both cables permanently connected so that I would just need to reset the CD player’s output mode. Is that correct?