Statement hits the floor

Warning. The following image may be disturbing to some viewers.

I swear I took care of it. Only used for premium Mao Feng Keemun. Never dropped it. The handle detached when picked up this morning.

I’m devastated.

Jan

5 Likes

It was obviously faulty and needs replacing under warranty😁

3 Likes

Kintsugi (“golden joinery”) is a Japanese method of repairing broken ceramics. Here is an example of a repaired bowl :relaxed:
turquoise-kintsugi-bowl-1a

15 Likes

The shock of seeing this has shattered my belief in the beneficial effects of hi-fi with the first coffee of the day.

2 Likes

So sorry to read about this Jan-Erik. It’s no consolation, but I’ve broken three Naim mugs of different types and I managed to glue two of them back together. I can’t use them safely anymore, so they just live in the cupboard…

2 Likes

Is this what they mean by ‘it sounds broken’?

7 Likes

This is indeed devastating, but take comfort in the fact that Naim service dept can work wonders with servicing and repairing their products going back up to 48 years!!

3 Likes

Attached to it I was. It to me less so, judging by the handle.

Thank you all for being so supportive in this moment of mug malfunction :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I wasn’t aware there were Naim mugs, where does one purchase them?

They get given away at events.

1 Like

Only special people have them. Money is not enough. You must be special.

1 Like

There is a way of using a TIG welder to fuse back together. I dont think I am allowed to post links but if you go on youtube and look for bad obsession motorsport they have a video of how to do it.

1 Like

Just curious, but why? Either use them, chuck them or display them.

Because I find it difficult to throw them away - an emotional attachment, perhaps. And when, one day, someone asks (on here?) about the Naim mugs back through the years, I’ll at least have something to show them…

4 Likes

Thanks for being our archivist :+1:

3 Likes

“Given Away”??

Pah, I had to buy mine

But I do feel for Jan-Erik, I broke a “Southampton FC 125th Anniversary” mug a couple of years ago. Glued it back together, but cannot use it.

1 Like

My Naim mug was obtained at one of the Bristol HiFI show, one of the legandary Naim employees (now moved to a different company) offered to sell me one for some amount - I reminded him of how much Naim kit I had bought and suggested that the cost of a mug would be zero. All done in the best of spirits.

1 Like

I shan’t comment.

For once.

12 Likes

What about the Naim mugs through the ages Richard? What can you tell / show us?

Not a great deal if I can’t find the mugs…

1 Like