Statements/ Solstice show

I went today to listen to the Naim Solstice with Statements and Egglestoneworks speakers.
The system had only few hours run in. The dealer is waiting for the speakers spikes too.
First impressions: big and authoritative sound, fast and very dynamic.
But a bit hard and bright.
Then the dealer installed a self made isolation platform under the Solstice, named “Charlin “. The rack was also a Charlin creation.
It softened and opened immediately the sound, which breathed much better then.
I will come back on Thursday.

22 Likes

Some other pics

10 Likes

11 Likes

7 Likes

4 Likes

I’m surprised they are not using Fraim. Are they using a DIY wooden stand with part metal legs? :relaxed:

1 Like

I think Charlin is a French manufacturer of hifi electronics, now called Roboli.

1 Like

I didn’t asked, sorry. It’s apparently a very hard and massive wood racks. It’s not DIY, but a french audiophile brand “ Charlin “. The dealer is behind that brand. A new owner of the shop since September.

1 Like

Eaglestoneworks Viginti

Is doesn’t appear to have any isolation and the cables appear to be touching the back of stand? :relaxed:

Sorry, they may sound good but I’m no fan of the look of the solstice or the statement. Add in those eggsontoast speakers and it might be the ugliest set up I’ve ever seen. IMHO of course.

1 Like

I like the look of the Statement but i would encourage an even spacing between the units…

1 Like

The speakers are on wheels? :relaxed:

3 Likes

But the speaker cables are on lifters. Priorities! :wink:

2 Likes

But all of the other cables seem to be touching the floor or the back of the wooden stand :exploding_head:

1 Like

They are waiting the spikes that come normally with the speakers. I agree that cables dressing is not the best.

1 Like

I think you are right. The Roboli rack weighs 180 kg. It surprised me how the sound improved when a special additional shelf was introduced under the Solstice. It gives me thinking that the Solstice needs a very good isolation.
The wood isolation devices for the speakers cables are Roboli too.

320 euros for 2. Ouch!

2 Likes

Eaglestones works Vigindi.
Description from Stereophile:

“The Viginti is the first EgglestonWorks speaker to use a slot or shelf port. Thompson says that the port enables the design team to fix the bass tuning frequency with “pinpoint accuracy.” It also improves the lower notes’ “pitch-correctness” and “tightness.” The enclosure behaves, he claims, as a sealed box down to the very low port tuning frequency of 30Hz, and that low tuning frequency puts the resulting group-delay phase shift in a region where our ears are minimally sensitive to phase errors.

The Viginti marks the first time that EgglestonWorks has used a midrange-tweeter-midrange (MTM) driver array. Correctly implemented, such an arrangement can act as a virtual point-source driver that, at the crossover frequency—2kHz in the Viginti’s case—produces among the three drivers a uniform horizontal dispersion characteristic. The Viginti’s crossover includes Mundorf’s best silver/gold foil capacitors, and inductors, some of which are hand-wound in-house.

The 6" carbon-dome midrange drivers are also made by Morel, while, for the first time, EgglestonWorks uses a beryllium-dome tweeter, this one made by Scan-Speak. “

Or to avoid very bad isolation.

Also - I do wish dealers would start matters off using Naim’s mains cables and interconnects.

4 Likes

How do you know that the rack is a bad isolation?
I saw a dealer picture of the Solstice elsewhere where the turntable was sitting on a granite slab, on top of a Fraim.
As for using Naim interconnects or power , I can testify that there are other brands that do better. At least for my ears.

3 Likes