Stax - Electrostatic Headphones and Energisers

Wow indeed! have hears Stax’s at Hi Fi shows and yes they ARE among the very best
if a tad over priced My ‘Phones have all been of the Focal brand starting with the original Clear then up grading to the Stellia’s then back to the new Clear MG which have a much nicer finish then the Stellia’ s and give the a hard time in sound

Partnered with the Schiit Jotunheim

2 Likes

Correct - that review linked above is dribble - simply a copy and paste of the official press release.

There is a great video on Youtube which was just released. It is an interview and presentation with the Stax PR and production engineer. The video has subtitles. There are interesting shots inside the Stax Museum contained within the factory. Very cool.

Google Fujiya Avic Stax New Flagship SR-X9000. It is a 16 minute video.

Best
Gregg

Update: - just type this into the Youtube search bar:

STAX SR-X9000 New Flagship Model Interview : at STAX Co Ltd.

1 Like

Stax has been very smart. They just cut Audeze’s legs from out underneath them with this stealth and unexpected announcement coming just weeks after Audeze’s first entry into the electrostatic world. My faith is unwavering with Stax as they introduced their first ear speaker in 1960 - 61 years ago. A true heritage brand like Salisbury Green. They certainly stepped up to the plate and this new introduction seems to have surprised many with its technical prowess and advancements.

Best
Gregg

1 Like

It’s exactly that heritage that is the appeal. Like Macintosh, Linn, Naim, Revox - some things are forever, and are better for it (despite the odd bankruptcy along the way!)

It does seem like it was kept very quiet - the engineers have clearly used their time well over COVID, feel like they have delivered some real innovation and the promise of a step change in already sublime sound quality.

Sorry, but I just seen the technical details on the Stax site. The Mono and Stereo, not really a review I agree, gives however much more details and insights. At least I think.

1 Like

My 700s have replaced my Lambda Pro’s (gradually degraded over time) to good effect. Still using my SRMT1. Still enjoy hugely and keeps family happy.

1 Like

Time to liven up this thread!
I must say these are GORGEOUS!

Best
Gregg

9 Likes

Ooooh - they are beautiful. Lovely engineering.

Some more pics on Stax Instagram. Showing off that brown leather beautifully

Oh, for the good old days of the 1960s… Koss ESP6 and ESP9!

How do they compare to the L700 ?

Auditioned them at the last Head Cans show best 'phones ive ever heard top of my wish list!

2 Likes

Very fortunate to be the 3rd pair delivered Stateside. These are drop dead GORGEOUS!
Enjoy the photos.

Best
Gregg

10 Likes

Got that right Sir top of my wish list AND have a pair of Focal Clear MGs too!

It would be extremely helpful if people posting photos of these lovely 'phones would post the actual model numbers of the 'phones shown.

Hello Graham55
The majority of previous posts in this thread are devoted to this new end game of summit headphones from Stax - the SR-X9000.

Best
Gregg

PS - the model number is also displayed on the box in the first photo - along with the name of the manufacturer :wink:

PSS - the amplifier is a Mjolnir Carbon from Iceland - a Kevin Gilmore design. Further info also at the top of the thread

1 Like

headphone heaven - awesome :heart_eyes: :ok_hand: :innocent:

Enjoy it!

atb, Tom

Thank you!!

As a aside from my previous comment i wonder when listening to my Focal Clear MGs through a Schiit headphone amp which to my ears sound pretty good how much better are Stax 'phones? not cheap and have to buy the energiser too!

Yes, I see it now. Should have been obvious before.

Dare I ask the cost involved?

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.