Steaming Economics / Joe Rogan / Spotify

EYbTbfDXYAAprcG

A musician would need to generate 23 billion streams on Spotify to earn what they’re paying Joe Rogan for his podcast rights (assuming a typical $.00437 payout per stream). In other words, Spotify values Rogan more than any musician in the history of the world. Sound fair to you?

Written by Ted Gioia (whoever that is)

Saw the headline. No idea who he is.

1 Like

Was that just a spelling mistake in your topic headline, or is it some sort of play on words ?

Same here - was he a goalkeeper for Coventry City in the 80s?

1 Like

No, didn’t he play for Everton and Man City before going into management?:grinning:

Fair? Wtf has fairness got to do with it? Surely it’s a simple commercial decision that they seem to believe is justified?

1 Like

Who is he? Obviously not anyone important or someone here would have some idea!

I like the (deliberate?) typo in the thread title!

I didn’t know the figures for a single stream from Spotify, very interesting. I quite like the guy, he’s a breath of fresh air from the woke bs main stream, although not agreeing with everything he does. This is a good thing. He has 190 million downloads a month.

Times they are a changin

Good news, except if your kids have blue hair I guess

MZ

He’s huge. Astronomical podcast and YouTube numbers. Probably a smart move by Spotify.

2 Likes

Yes completly, good skills to Joe Rogan, most excellent commedian. Very funny indeed, I am sure the Weed helps, nice catch Spotify…

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.