Stewart Tyler RIP

On the ProAc Facebook page I’ve just seen the sad news that Stewart Tyler has passed away. A true genius and the author of the ProAc sound. I never met him but as the owner of one of his creations, he’ll be sorely missed.

7 Likes

Oh no! RIP my sincere condolences…

1 Like

Gosh that’s sad, really wanted Pro-Ac speakers around the time I got my SBLs as I was blown away by them at a show in the 90’s.

Unfortunately the model I wanted did not suit my room with a suspended floor - bass was so deep that radiators in other rooms vibrated!

2 Likes

The hifi world loses a giant . . .

RIP Mr. Tyler.

And condolences to friends and family.

4 Likes

‘A great deal of time was spent fine tuning the crossover to get the best from our new bass driver. Many months of measuring and listening were taken by Stewart Tyler, the designer of both Tablette 10 and Tablette 10 Signature.” Tyler’s signature is affixed black-on-shiny-gold to the back panel.’ From the Darko Website.

These will give me great pleasure for many years to come. Thanks for that.

G

4 Likes

Sad day indeed, I had Studio 100’s for many a year and still have their custom stands from Target today.

Brilliant sounding speakers that I’m sure have brought great joy to many listeners, fantastic legacy to bring so much emotion to so many.

4 Likes

Very sad news. I ran Proac Response 2.5 for a while. Great speakers.

3 Likes

I recently resurrected my original ProAc SuperTablettes which I purchased new in 1988 (the successor to the first iteration of the Tablette). They are now fronting a newly restored Nait 2 sprinkled with some AV Options/Chris West Salisbury dust. Simply sublime.

RIP

Best
Gregg

6 Likes

Sad news. I listen to my K6’s everyday and Stewart’s attention to detail makes every note special.

RIP

2 Likes

I heard my first ProAc speakers last autumn, when ProAc very kingly lent me a pair of Tablette 10 Signatures to try at home during lockdown. How I’d missed them in over 40 years with a decent stereo I’ve no idea, but I liked them so much that I bought a pair.

This is very sad news, and I’d like to send my condolences to Stewart’s family and friends, and his colleagues at ProAc. ProAc were a delight to deal with and I wish them all the best.

3 Likes

Yes, very sad. Chatted with him at the Bristol Show a few years ago, very friendly.
Have been running a pair of 1SCs since 1999. Unlikely to change them, they can still amaze me.

1 Like

Stewart Tyler leaves a tremendous legacy in terms of the company that he built, the products that he developed, the musical delight that he afforded to his customers and of course his family.

That is quite a legacy. May the rest of us manage even half as much. Condolences to his family, friends and colleagues.

2 Likes

I’ve never owned Proac speakers but they are a local firm to me, truly a great company. Very sad RIP.

I have a pair of the Response DB1 speakers which give me a great listening experience. RIP Stewart.

1 Like

Have the sad news been confirmed?

Sad news indeed. Naim and ProAc shared distribution in a few territories (thanks to David Amey) and there are plenty of Naim owners around the world running with ProAc speakers as a consequence. Even I ran with Studio 100s on Target R stands for a while many years ago. RIP Stewart Tyler.

2 Likes

The loss of such an icon of hifi speaker design is such bad news. Condolences to Zoe, the rest of his family and all members of the ProAc team. Huge shoes to fill.

1 Like

R.I.P. Mr. Tyler

2 Likes

I am very late but want to thank Stewart Tyler (and his team) so much. I run entirely ProAcs at home. Absolutely love it. Thank you for all the enjoyment they have brought me and family over the years and everyday. Condolences to the Tyler family. All the very best to Zoe and John keeping ProAc and Stewart’s legacy going.

https://twitter.com/ProAcSpeakers

8 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.