StreamerUpdate 4.8

What are you trying to update?

He says a SuperUnitiā€¦

@Loic do you mean it wonā€™t open because of the Apple security stopping it?

No I autorised download from outside Apple .

Thanks for your answer ! More precisely, Iā€™ve downloaded from Naim Updates download page , a Mac 4.8 .dmg updater file. This is the .dmg file that I canā€™t open (error message) There is no intermediate Zip. File as for 4.7 Update .

If I download the update 4.7 file, I download a Zip file that, once dezipped with Archive utility, gives me a Naim v 4.7 Mac folder in which I find a .dmg file. this file opens without problem and I get a disk image that contains the updater! This process still works perfecly now.
Is the cause , my old 10.11 El Capitan system or is the change of process for downloading ?

This is what the instructions say about installation. Have you done this?

3.0 Streamer Updater installation
Extract and open NaimStreamerUpdater_mac_4.8.0_14776.WE_EE_FE_EA.dmg

A window appears showing the Naim logo and the Applications folder.
Drag and drop the Naim Logo into the Applications folder.
The Streamer Updater will now be installed to your Applications folder.

Yes, I did it. The problem starts at the beginning when opening the file : ā€¦update Mac 4.8ā€¦ .dmg , which refuses to open with error message: no mountable file system so I do not get the installer, and canā€™t drag and drop it into the Application folder.This did not happen with the Mac 4.7 update .
I will be the happiest of men if I could recover the installer by another means (via a Zip file as for Update 4.7 ???) Then I donā€™t think my venerable 10.11 system refuses to run the update correctly, since it did it without problems with the 4.7 update 2 years ago.
It will be interesting to have the opinion of the Naim team on all this .

Yes that what I was thinking was the case, especially as the software seems to run OK on 10.13, in the initial stages at least.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.