Streaming feedback

@pw42 Can you stream it? It doesn’t come up in any lists when I do a search.
It is listed in CD quality in the Download Store, although if you click on it you get a ‘404 Page not found’.

This is all in the UK. Other countries may vary of course.

Ahh, yes. I meant streaming it. I didn’t try downloads. It does stream from both options presented. UK based.

How strange. I definitely can’t get it when I search for either ‘Grace Jones’ or ‘Nightclubbing’. And that’s using both the PC app and an Android apk version on the Astell & Kern. Do you use the Naim app? I can’t understand why that should be different though.

Me too. It is also missing Slave to the Rhythm album. I am in the UK

So can you download tracks from Tidal to any hard drive and store them and play them offline?

How would Tidal use DRM to stop you playing these downloads if you left their service? Do the tracks contact Tidal to check your membership status each time you play them?

Only within an Android or iOS app so all the tracks are protected within the app and not accessible outside of them. So yes, you would always be signed on with an active subscription in order to access them. You can’t do it on a PC or via the Naim app. The Astell & Kern devices use an Android apk version of both the Tidal and Qobuz apps.

1 Like

I was using the Naim app but I can also find it on the Qobuz app (Android). My search term was “Nightclubbing Grace Jones” and it was listed under “Tracks”; it is on two alubums The Compass Point Sessions and The Masters Collection.

However the album of that title does not appear to be there. This may be the source of confusion!

Aah ok. Yes it was the album I was talking about. You’re right, the individual track is there - I saw that the same as you. Ok, at least I’m not going mad!

I have tried Tidal and Qobuz and moved on to Idagio. The Idagio catalogue is focussed on classical music and has very good search engine.

The main limitation of Tidal, Qobuz, Idagio, etc. systems is that they do not allow you to organize your favorites into meaningful categories, sometimes not even to sort them. This is acceptable for a dozen of albums but not for hundreds.

For this reason, I almost only use Idagio to decide if I want to buy an album or not. This is not really enough to justify a subscription and I will most likely cancel mine.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.