Streaming - they said it was all simple

Experiment away! That’s part of the fun, whatever your results. :+1:

Just curious - anyway enjoy the fiddling.

Ahaa excellent someone who has tread the path and realized it is not worth it, for me as @CrystalGipsy mentions to take advantage of the Squeelite player option as it uses a 4GB memory buffer.

Question though what server are you using ?

Pity the forum is so restrictive, I could have helped you with your testing but we are not allowed to make specific or oblique references to stuff lying around in our cupboards that should really be being used and appreciated.

Yes @Richard.Dane would not approve :wink:

I must admit i do enjoy dealing with the Roon and Innuos support teams, very open minded and helpful and actually not biased or bashing someone else product (like many do).

Innuos at first said Naim preferred setup was Ethernet so use that, but if you want to try USB we think it maybe better a playing from the 4GB buffer, but advise was try and decide for yourself.

Skeletons?

Recall it was sales on the side or services :rofl:

I guess I cannot mention how my IoT toaster leads to a warmer sound then

:joy: I‘m sure it’s acceptable to give ”sound“ advice as long as you don‘t offer to lend your toaster to anyone here.

1 Like

I am using MinimServer, either running on the same Pi that hosts the DigiOne Signature or on a Pi that is wired to my router. In the latter case the data transfer between the Pi that runs MinimServer and the Pi that hosts the DigiOne (and runs the upmpdcli renderer) is over the wireless.

RPi3B+, Allo DigiOneSignature, Cuinas Audio Supercap PSU into nDAC.

Software is Moode Audio pulling flacs from a Synology NAS over bog-standard Cat5E.

Sounds superb (who needs an ND555 :crazy_face:), and the super-capacitor PSU gives a significant uplift in SQ.

And really, very simple to set up.

3 Likes

Considering the amount of psu’s needed to run the signature at it optimum it’s not exactly simple :slight_smile:

So maybe getting a home demo of the Audiophilleo2 MKII USB to S/PDIF Converter with PurePower, is taking some grovelling.

I’m liking the former idea as no more messing with leads.

Failing that I will take a pop with the M2

I’m sure you’ll find a way to mess. Seems to be in your nature. :rofl:

1 Like

Me honestly no :innocent:

1 Like

Right, but it fits quite well Naim’s philosophy: spend most of your money for PSUs and with the rest buy a streamer!

You could also consider chaining up two or three Mutecs for slightly more than 2-3K EUR. Or take a look at the Audiophile Style forums for even fancier incarnations of the “source first” principle!

I’m struggling to comprehend how a “single” super-capacitor PSU with two connecting cables (to the RPi) is “not simple”? 555PS with two Burndies, hmmm?

Please enlighten me…

Edit: No need, I got it. It’s obviously that you need the (supplied) SMPS to drive the super capacitor box …oooh, an extra cable, no less

I owned several different USB-bridges to connect my PC to Naim DAC. Best and latest one was Mutec MC-3+ USB. Before that TeddyPardo U2S. Also owned Stello U3 many years ago but it was clearly inferior to U2S, which then was inferior to Mutec. While using all these USB-bridges for many years I came to conclusion that it’s important to have clean power for the bridge (so preferably own PSU for the bridge and no USB-power used) and galvanic isolation between the DAC and PC.