Sub recommendations to reinforce PMC Twenty-23's

@Errol Thanks for the feedback. Beyond room coupling and subsequent interaction, it may also be a question of one’s taste in sound esthetics. I personally despise when excess bass and mid-bass bleeds over the remaining frequencies. It’s certainly about finding the right sonic balance according to our own preferences. If I demo the new Twenty5 23i it will be with the objective of using them without a subwoofer. Hope it all works out for you in the end!
Brgds.

Thanks. The Gotham g213 v2 is to put it mildly impressive. Certainly the most impressive subwoofer i’ve seen and heard in the last thirty four years. Given the size of your room more than a fair slice of the action can be had with the Dominion d108 or the E110.

Anyway whatever sub you end with its important not to waste the subs potential by having the sub playing below the mains.

Hello Errol
I recently added a pair of Vandersteen Model 3 subs to my system. It already had large driver area, but I was looking to augment the bottom octave. As a bonus, it did relieve the main speakers and the ribbon midrange and the ribbon tweeters worked even better. I really like the way that Vandersteen handles the crossover issues for audiophile speakers. They really deliver. They have garnered best in show–for the past couple of years when we had shows.

Thank you for your input. I am definitely going down the sub route. I’m still on-line reading reviews. I’ve been reading since 8:30 this morning. Quite sad lol.

1 Like

Nice one :+1: The difference of adding a sub to the overall performance of the system should be profound. But only if among other aspects the sub is capable of playing cleanly up to at least 120Hz and following on from this the subwoofers potential is then not wasted :slightly_smiling_face:

One thing I found when adding a sub was that as well as better bass there was a big improvement in perception of the recording acoustic - size of venue etc. - and imaging. It semed to be presenting sub sonic cues that really enhanced the experience.

The B&W ASW610XP I use is essentially flat from 22Hz up to 220Hz.

Thanks guys. Looking on line at SVS would you say ported or sealed?

Sealed!

1 Like

Sealed definitely.

1 Like

@Xanthe @anon64018693 SVS SB2000 ???

Just made up my own 4 pin din to rca lead and tested it. Works a treat!

If you are in UK…somebody like wilmslow audio can custom one for you or humblehomemadehifi

I use an 18 inch sealed sub with a Hypex DS4.0 and it’s works just fine for the music

I got mine assembled .

Much smaller outlay as well… ( If it matters )

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.