Subwoofer

I believe it has been in storage for quite a while. It’s in mint unmarked condition, looks almost new. Bloody heavy! I think it’s going to take some getting used to. I hope the dreaded iCom don’t give up.:rofl:

My current speakers were bought as ex-demo, so well used, but it took 2 weeks of use for them to come alive - at first there was virtually no bass. So I suspect bass drivers may need some time to warm up.

Yes, it’s heavy! You need to move it around to get it right though. Have you got some Naim Chips or similar to put under the spikes?

1 Like

Yes i have some Naim chips on order. At this time i have it sited direct to a solid concrete floor. It’s really starting to boogie now. Feet are slowly tapping. Been on for about an hour or so…Also sub cables are new.

P.S. It ain’t ‘arf sexy looking in piano black :flushed:

In my experience almost all subs take a while to really come on song properly and then once they do you have to tweak the settings again to compensate. All good fun though and once it’s really warmed up/run in/set up it shouldn’t need to be touched again.

1 Like

The warming up period has really transformed the integration and quality of the bass! Wow!

2 Likes

Congrats, Stephen. I’ve not had the pleasure of hearing the N Sub, but I love its’ looks. Beautiful design.

1 Like

Thank you steviebee. It’s fantastic and integrates so well with n-SATs. Definitely the ‘missing link’. Like others here have said, forget just the bass, well sort of…:grinning:

2 Likes

Frequency set at 60 - gain at 60 also - wonderful stuff! The trousers are flapping with every tap!

2 Likes

Where is the speaker on an Nsub? I’ve only ever seen the frontside in photos. Your pic looks like it’s almost external.

It’s on the back.

1 Like

Thank you Mr Halibut!

What is amazing is my neighbours aren’t complaining…with my Motive SX2’s they would instantly complain about the bass. One of my neighbour’s described them as living inside a Chinese torture chamber. It’s put me off NEAT speakers to be honest, even though ‘I’ really loved them. Bring back Naim speakers! IMHO most speakers i’ve heard in modern times get the bass wrong!:flushed:

IMHO Naim speakers sound the best in a Naim system. It’s the tight control of the bass that really sets things apart from other speakers. No boom, no flab, no overhang. This equates to a enthralling listen with the music, synergy at its best.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.