Suitable cd for recently upgraded system

How are you getting on with your all new top of the range Cyrus system? Looks stunning :heart_eyes:.

Dan it is stunning absolutely gob smacked just how good it is. Mono blocs x 300 Signature are fantastic compared to last setup detail , clarity, staging, dynamics also able to turn volume up to half way and not loud. Cyrus are very underrated at times I’ve now got wow factor :grin::slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

You beat me to it Neil. That’s pretty much exactly what I was going to suggest. There are, of course, other (non-Naim) dacs you might consider. The Chord Qutest is one that I have heard and really like.

1 Like

I’ve checked out your system and the Cyrus XR range looks stunning. I like the shoe box design and the simplicity of it all. Well done on making the change which after Naim is a brave one. Glad you’re happy with it. It looks like those mono blocks are powerful too. Very interested in the Cyrus range.

Just sold my CDS3 with XPS2 and am potentially interested in a CD transport to connect to my NDS which I would use as a DAC. A Cyrus CDT can be found for around £500 used.

I am interested in this as a possibility at some point.

1 Like

Thank you Dan I like your setup very nice sorry for poor picture never done it before.

1 Like

Hi all
Just like to thank everyone for their advice re cd player
I’ve taken the plunge and bought a cdi in mint condition, an absolute bargain for £ 750
Its wonderful and far outstrips my old audio alchemy transport and dac .

3 Likes

That will sound fantastic. I love vintage Naim CD players.

I have an 82/HC/250 - and I use a pre-loved CDX2 with it. I have added the XPS2 - but the CDX2 will run without it… :grinning:

Sold on my CDi long ago
A cool player which is sorely missed even I was spoiled with CDS 1, 2 and later 3.
Fingers crossed for reliability.

I bought a Resolution Audio Opus 21 about two months ago and it’s excellent.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.