Sunrise & Sunsets - Show us yours

Definitely

1 Like

It is indeed - beautiful part of the UK :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

It’s been a long time, back in the day, once you had parked and left your car, the parking in the bottom picture, the ticket man would chalk marks on two tyres at the hour nearest when you paid. He would later check for people who who tried to return without paying.

2 Likes

Down on the river again - waited for the sinking sun to peek through the amassing rain clouds:

Stopped down to f/22 to invoke a little star burst :slight_smile:

7 Likes

Setting sun hidden, but I thought lovely colours. Bawdsey Quay on the Suffolk Coast

Incidentally Bawdsey became the primary test and development site for radar (having moved a few miles down the coast from Orfordness) until 1939 when because of its exposed location was then moved to Dundee. Bawdsey became the world’s first operational radar station and the first national Chain Home Radar site just prior to the 2nd World War in 1937. In the Cold War a battery of surface to air Bloodhound missiles were located here (about a quarter of a mile up the lane on the right of the picture) … hard to imagine when it looks so peaceful now

15 Likes

View from our house in St Davids this week

11 Likes

Lovely colors! (or better, colours)

An early night

7 Likes

Oban towards Isle of Mull- early evening sunset

14 Likes

Radio towers on Orford Ness. Sketched quickly on my iPad

10 Likes

Nice drawing, what program do you use.

Adobe Fresco.

I’m no artist, and as with Photoshop there are so many functions it’s easy to lose yourself. That’s the main reason I have to keep it all simple for now.

1 Like

Tonight, view from a bay in Korcula, Croatia. Sunset with dark clouds.

8 Likes

My iPhone camera seems to turn delicate pink skies a garish orange colour…

10 Likes

…and another one

10 Likes

Right now in Baden.

11 Likes

That image was crying out for a sun star…. :sunglasses:

(Stop down to f/22 or greater)

2 Likes

This morning from the garden in the Alpujarras.

1 Like

I think this is a cracking image … congrats.

Agreed - could easily be a cool album cover.

1 Like