Sunrise & Sunsets - Show us yours

Thank you @seakayaker , I went to respond to your text and accidentally deleted the post. Tbh I was a little misty after reading the sad news of Olivia Newton John’s passing. :cry:

2 Likes

…yes, very sad news with her passing. We can be thankful for every day we have on this fragile planet of ours.

Pete please keep those paintings coming I do enjoy your style…

3 Likes

When I was in HS, I drove with a buddy from Staten Island out to the Pennsylvania State Fair in Harrisburg, PA, to see ONJ (opening act was Billy “Crash” Craddock) - she was definitely a teen crush for me in the biggest way! When she sang “I Honestly Love You” and finished, you could hear a pin drop for a few seconds before the applause started - I was quite sure she was singing it directly to me…like every other guy there!

2 Likes

Yes she was capable of making you feel she was directly communicating to you. Funny how many of us have owned up to having a crush on her. I thought it was just me. :grin:

Not just you - Olivia NJ and Joanna Lumley we’re mine

1 Like

12 Likes

Very nice!

7 Likes

Cheers.

13 Likes

11 Likes

Me too Pete, but then, there was a lot more to her than just being a beautiful woman with a great voice. Great beauty really comes from within.

Andy

1 Like

So true and I think that’s what made her so special.

But she was gorgeous.

1 Like

Wasn’t she just!!

1 Like

This slightly alarming photo is in fact a sunrise.

3 Likes

……and a few minutes later…

10 Likes

Antibes and Iles des Lerins, yesterday

13 Likes

8 Likes

Later sunset from on high

14 Likes

Reflections at sundown in west Appledore, and the receding tide

10 Likes

Looking East from the sunset.

Visibility was outstanding. Could clearly see Jura.

Willy.

6 Likes