Super Lumina comparables discussion

Hi are you referring to the Nap500 psu… I used SL between ND555 and 552 … fantastic… also use the SL speaker cable…thats good. I just could not get on with the SL din to xlr … it was more civilised…but not as dynamic… My Nap 500 was serviced and DR’d by naim 3 years ago…

Yes, I found the SL din/XLR’s to be so much better than the standard leads. It was as though the standard leads just strangled the life out of the music. SL bought out the vocals so much better. They would sometimes make you jump as it was like having a person in the room. However, they did take a long while to burn in but when they stabilised they were simply amazing. Whenever I swap back everything just sounds flat and two dimensional.

1 Like

There is no way round it popeye…:smirk: ATB Peter

1 Like

I was quite careful I used a pretty run in dealer set… they were an improvement …cleaness etc but it was marginal the worst thing was they did not seem as dynamic…replacing them with the original brought back the dynamics…very strange. I tried Vertere and they were mildly disappointing…strange…I love all the other SL leads…

1 Like

Maybe it’s got something to do with the signature of your listening environment Richieroo. ATB Peter

I have just upgraded my NAC A5 to WH Phantom. Have to say it is very good and a vast improvement to the A5.

1 Like

Maybe it is so strange … my system is really sensitive…I have been able to tell instantly ethernet and power suppy etc …

Ansuz Speak Z, 4 meter in length. Silver coated copper. Very nice sound indeed.

Very nice compliment to the 282/250/25.26

Scott

Don’t know anything about them Scott. I see they make specific Naim cables also. How did you come to hear about them and are they costly?

Quick story,
A dealer in Chicago whom is a naim retailer, has been a retailer for Ansuz for a while. A friend of mine Who is also a Naimee (I used to live in the suburbs outside of Chicago) stumbled upon his showroom one day while out and about. After Tyler visited my friends home, he left speaker cables, power distribution block and mains cables to swap out, and the difference was fairly significant. So my friend made some investments.

After a phone call myself to Tyler at next level hifi, I was sent the same power distribution block, and a few mains cables. I then saw the difference, and made a purchase. The speaker cables were $2500 for a 4m pair and came later on. A bit pricey, I know, but it does compliment the system.

Ansuz is not well known, but they have a few followers/owners on here.

Scott

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.