Supercap DR cables

Yes, the HCDR to SCDR gap is not a narrow one. I am glad I was patient and didn’t take the easy route of a second HCDR.

1 Like

I’m quite sure you remember our conversation when I returned to the forum! I think you responded, not now waiting on retirement, etc…
Plus the rarity of the SCDR in the States!

You must have robed a bank, in six weeks time you purchased a XPSDR & SCDR! LOL☺

When I joined the forum, my cash was tight!

2010 282, 2012 250.2, 2014 200, 2015 HCDR, and no Source!

I was streaming to an $100 wireless Airport Express>282!

My 2nd System was outperforming my Naim system, but when the CDX2 entered da Game!

Different Story! Then Fraimlite, Then Tri-amp Briks!

Next Active Briks! One day​:confused::confused::confused:

Keep me posted as she burns in!

Its actually new! Your SCDR😁

2 Likes

I sold some of my Apple stock last week to fund the SCDR, right before the price dropped again. My wife funded part of the XPSDR as a birthday gift, so I really only had to get into my cash for about $2000 otherwise. I retire in four years so I want to purchase everything before I start living on retirement income and investments.

SCDR are rare in the states. When they come up they are usually sold with a 252. I got lucky that a seller was willing to separate his 252 and SCDR.

I would still like to get a 300DR, but that’s questionable for now.

Apple:

203.43 USD +4.39 (2.21%)

Closed: Aug 8, 7:59 PM EDT · Disclaimer

After hours 203.15 −0.28 (0.14%)

Yes, the Donald and his tariffs has impacted a large percentage of Americans. I haven’t been following the market as of late, but IIRC the NYSE has recently taken a hit! China devaluing its currency.

I need to have a word with mine, I have to take her on holiday and pay for my XPS DR.

This is my strategy too, have the big items settled whilst I am still bringing in a regular income.

1 Like

Last fall I sold enough shares of Apple when it hit 232.xx to fund the purchase of my Dynaudio Confidence C2s. Then the stock tanked and dove into the 140s before coming back. Last week Apple hit 220.xx and I sold enough of it at 215.xx to fund my SCDR. Then it dipped

Looks like I’ve been doing pretty good at selling when it goes high, right before it falls again. It’s no big deal in any case. My Apple position is an initial $6K investment that grew to $50K in less than 10 years. I still have $30K left.

As for the recent U.S. market, I don’t really worry about it day to day. I’m in for my investments on the long term, and am in a position to handle a downturn without much ill effect on my retirement plans.

1 Like

Both the Supercap DR and 555 DR ps are highly sought after on the second hand market, for good reason. They give a significant performance uplift and are versatile in that they can be used on several Naim components or retained as part of an continuing upgrade strategy. No wonder their owners don’t let them go easily.

1 Like

Yes that’s what I experience too, whenever I listen a system with a 552, I come home and listen to my 282, and I think, well not too bad at all… I don’t feel the need to upgrade…

Of course in a direct A/B comparison the 552 is much better than a 282, but thankfully I don’t get too many chances to compare them side by side, and also… I don’t want to either.

1 Like

Any thoughts on best way to dress the two SNAICs from SCDR to 282? Run them together parallel, twist them together, something else?

I run mine parallel touching as little as possible. For me this is fairly easy as the 82 is on the top shelf as the Supercap the bottom.
I’ve not tried any other way.

1 Like

I have a brain/brawn setup, with 282 on top left and SCDR middle right. There’s really no way to avoid them touching each other.

Just do the tidiest method you can and avoid touching Hilines and Burndys seems to be the general recommendation.
I’m no cable dressing geek :innocent:

1 Like

I got my 300DR very gently used. Lightning could strike again!

My wife is suffering from NDX2/XPSDR/SCDR shell shock, plus the Fraim level I bought Sunday morning. She was just talking about cleaning the garage and clearing some extra space on the floor. :thinking:

1 Like

I can still recall going from a HiCap to SuperCap on my 282 a good few years ago. t was the first upgrade I’d done to the system but it definitely allowed me to hear other changes to the system after that. Just remember how the music seemed to gain a lot more weight, scale an extension. It’s absolute no brainer for 282 owners IMO.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.