SuperCap DR/HiCap DR with a 282

If a 252 isn’t in the plans, I’d be looking at Superlumina personally.

2 Likes

Just put the Napsc on the floor, round the back.

3 Likes

I’d be tempted to leave things as they are at the moment and get yourself moved into your new place. Once your system is setup again and the placement for everything determined, see how much room you have for racking etc then look at system changes. You may find your system sounds different in your new house, so this may also factor in to your upgrade choices and the direction you go.

2 Likes

Bloody good idea HH. Thanks

James…I have to admit, I hadn’t thought how it may sound in a new place :thinking:

In our previous house, I binned the fireplace as there wasn’t enough space for the rack, speakers and TV. The music takes priority! However, I don’t think my partner has ever forgiven me for it! :grinning:

We will be having an extension to the front room which will accommodate Naim and her fireplace. Not too sure of the size or design yet.

1 Like

A quick update:

I have just ordered a SuperCap for my 282, and a NDX 2. I will sort the PS for the NDX 2 in due course.

2 Likes

Yep my NAPSC sits hidden away on the floor.

2 Likes

I was delighted when I moved from HCDR to SC on my 282 - the musical uplift and detail is superb - added SC or SCDR does really show what musical hieghts the 282 can achieve - just try and get it as far away from sources and possible - and massage those Burndy leads !!

as others have said keep that nosy NSPCC on the floor

enjoy the music

2 Likes

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

1 Like

No burndy on 282.

:joy: I will…

Now that I have upgraded the PS for the 282, is it the case that I’d getaway with a XPS DR, rather than a 555 PS DR ?
Why did I ask that, as now you’ll all say get the 555 PS DR! :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

I think Antz means the the one’s on my 300 :thinking:

1 Like

yes sorry on 300 and then if 252 in future - did a complete re build of FRAIM recently - as @LindsayM says not on 282

2 Likes

The 282/SC will definitely reveal the source - I’d have gone power supply on the NDX2 before SC on the 282 tbh in your shoes. Whether you go 555PS or XPSDR depends on whether you will eventually aim to get an ND555 IMO - if not the XPS is probably my recommendation…

3 Likes

Urm ND555 or not a 555 PSU will definitely materially improve the performance of the NDX.

1 Like

I did wonder that :thinking:getting the PS for the NDX 2. I asked two dealers and they both said SC first. I think I’ll have to do an extra paper round if I go for the 555. :wink:

When I had a CDX2 it was clearly better with a 555PS over an XPS2 - I imagine things will be similar with the NDX2…:grinning:

3 Likes

When I had a CDX2 it was clearly the same with a 555PS over an XPS2 - I imagine things will be similar with the NDX2…:grinning:

2 Likes

I’m sure it will be :+1:

Different ears - also maybe different amps and speakers - and a different room. It might be that these other factors constrained the improvement in the source. I suspect a minority would support the premise that the 555PS doesn’t out-perform the XPS albeit that the XPS is a quality unit…