Supercap DR

I am currently using CDX2 (1st generation VAM1260)/XPS/Hi-line/282(2003)/ Hi-cap(non-dr)/300 (2013 non-Dr)/ProAc K1

My dealer offers me a demo piece of supercap dr (2019) at good price. Since home demo not a practice in Hong Kong, wonder how it benefit to my system ? Kindly shed me light !

The 282 works very nicely with a Supercap and the 282/SC/300 is a lovely combination. It also opens the door to a 252 in future if you ever want to head that way.

1 Like

Yes agreed

Any adversely affect towards the non dr 300? I meant compatibility wise …etc

Not at all the 300 none DR is an awesome amplifier, go for the SCDR it will open a very big music window over a none DR HiCap.

4 Likes

…and service the 282 if not done already.

2 Likes

Recap a few years back

If you go for the SCDR you will require two 5pin SNAICs so factor this within the overall cost of the upgrade.

1 Like

Noted with thx

I had a 282 with a HiCap DR, and upgraded it to a Supercap DR. It opened up a whole new dimension to the music. The improvements included bigger, better, more refined bass, with a more open presentation and great definition throughout the range.

1 Like

HC>SC one of the great upgrades.

2 Likes

£1.5k>£4.8k also :wink:

2 Likes

It’s unlikely that you will be disappointed with a Supercap, but it’s not impossible. A small minority of people who tried it have preferred to stick with a Hicap. Without the chance to home demo it’s a risk you will have to take.

1 Like

That’s the point :sweat_smile:

I am currently using CDX2 (1st generation VAM1260)/XPS/Hi-line/282(2003)/ Hi-cap(non-dr)/300 (2013 non-Dr)/ProAc K1

Compatibility wise ……? Any thoughts ?

The other risk is to be tempted next by the 252, the natural partner.

1 Like

No issue with compatibility, it’s just whether you consider it worth it.

1 Like

Well, with 252, I’ll draw a line

1 Like

With the SC DR on the 282 you are only using 4 of the 13 rails the SC can deliver. This might not be an issue of concern but you’re buying a lot of redundant capability.

As an interim step to a 252 OTOH it makes a whole lot more sense :grinning:

3 Likes

Fully agree

Supercap on board just now. Oh my gosh ! Amazing, it enhances my D20R not only with a tighten bass but, I hear a lot more ….

I am thinking of how it goes with my pair of K1 - expecting home within the next ten days

Yes, my dealer did warned me a 282 not fully utilising the animal right, the end of day, aiming for 252 for sure

2 Likes

That’s what happened to me. I bought a Supercap for my 282, then a 252 came up at a good price.

2 Likes