SuperCap DR

Can a Supercap be incorporated in to this ? On 202 ?

CD5XS/Naim DAC/XPS-DR (on DAC)/200/202/HC-DR/NAPSC

Pretty sure you could use it instead of the HC-DR but I’m not sure this would be money well spent, and would probably only give marginal if any improvement over the HC-DR itself. You’d only be using a fraction of the Supercap DR’s potential.

1 Like

It’s a stepping stone towards a 252 though!

1 Like

That’s what I keep saying to myself :smile_cat:

…but I’m not sure this would be money well spent, and would probably only give marginal if any improvement over the HC-DR …

Well, maybe. I don’t know about a 202, but swapping a Supercap DR for the HiCap DR on my 282 was a massive improvement. Even my wife noticed it causally from another room when I started playing it. I did end up with a 252 about 6 months later. Nevertheless, even though the 282 couldn’t take advantage of everything the SCDR had to offer it was still a very worthy upgrade over a HCDR.

1 Like

The simple answer is yes, you can directly replace the Hicap with a Supercap. I’d suggest a comparison between 202/SC and 282/HC to see which you prefer.

I tried a supercap on 202/napsc in place of a hicap DR and I didn’t like what it did. I was hoping to make it a stepping stone to a 252 but I couldn’t have lived with the sound in my system for the 1-2years I would need it before I could have afforded the 252.

You need to try it.

I originally added a Supercap to my 82 in place of a CB Hicap and it was a big improvement in every respect. Just recently my two Supercaps (one now running on a 252, the other on a Superline) were DR’d and serviced at the factory. Again, very big improvements and well worth it.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.