Superline+Supercap Into SN3

Or buy an Ear V12 integrated, Ear 88 pb phono, to honour more your SME 20/3 and Nds/555 dr? = 2 wonderful boxes .

Hi @frenchrooster

They sit well outside of my budget, it is therefore an option I cannot pursue.

1 Like

Hi Roger,

Here are two quick points, which you may have already realized.  

1) If you listen to records more than any of your other sources, and if vinyl replay is the most important to you, using the Supercap directly to power the Superline is better.    This can be done with a SNAIC cable, or more optimally, with a dedicated Burndy cable.    You can at least experiment with this if you have a SNAIC at home.    If you like the results enough to commit to this approach, simply buy the appropriate Burndy from your Naim dealer.   

2) If you listen to your streamer more than your turntable, or you favor the idea of improving your whole system, powering the pre-amp section from your Supernait will be the more fruitful path.   The Supercap, particularly a DR version, is always better than a Hi-Cap when used in the same role.

Good luck,

Bruce
1 Like

Reformatted for you:

Here are two quick points, which you may have already realized.
1 If you listen to records more than any of your other sources, and if vinyl replay is the most important to you, using the Supercap directly to power the Superline is better. This can be done with a SNAIC cable, or more optimally, with a dedicated Burndy cable. You can at least experiment with this if you have a SNAIC at home. If you like the results enough to commit to this approach, simply buy the appropriate Burndy from your Naim dealer.

2 If you listen to your streamer more than your turntable, or you favor the idea of improving your whole system, powering the pre-amp section from your Supernait will be the more fruitful path. The Supercap, particularly a DR version, is always better than a Hi-Cap when used in the same role.

Good luck
Bruce

2 Likes

Hi @BDNYC
Thank for those two points, I had not thought along those lines.

1. Vinyl is my love, but not yet being retired getting time to sit and listen is limitted at present. I tend to only listen for a couple of hours on a Sunday morning, when I have the house to myself. Then it is only really in the winter when it is too dark and wet to be out on my bike or pottering in the garden.

2. I only use my NDS for listening to the internet radio for about 8 hours a week, at present.

However when ever I do get the time to listen I like to know that I am listening to the best my system can be. Also it is about forward planning for when I do retire and have less disposable income.

Kind Regards.
Roger

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.