Superline Vs competition

Oh blimey, I shouldn’t be reading this thread!

2 Likes

Lol you and I both brother. And here, I thought I would get a modest £500 phono stage as records are not my primary listen.

1 Like

If you enjoyed a lot Audio Note dac, perhaps you should put on your list some tubes phono, like Ear 88 pb, Tron Seven, Allnic…

1 Like

Wrong forum!

1 Like

Good call on the Herron! I forgot about that one.

1 Like

I started with a prefix and now have a Superline with a Supercap DR. Just recently I tried going with the power off the 552 on the Superline in an effort to remove a box but had no choice at all but to keep the Supercap DR. It’s an amazing set up!

1 Like

How would the Superline do with an Olive supercap?

It should do really rather well I would have thought. Just be sure it’s not overdue a service.

1 Like

Both great options but far more expensive than buying a Superline and running it off my Olive SUPERCAP for the time being. Although that would tax my SUPERCAP when I’m listening to my other source which will be the sw1x DAC :heart_eyes:

1 Like

I meant to say from my NAC52 aux for the time being. Then later an olive SUPERCAP

Can a Superline E be converted into a Superline N?

if so how much?

There’s no Superline “N”. The Superline is for low output MC cartridges only. However the regular Superline and Superline “E” should be relatively straightforward for the factory service department to alter one way or the other, if required. Perhaps @NeilS can confirm?

:+1:I understand. I’ll contact the service dept.

I’m not sure if we have ever converted a Superline. But it should be relatively straightforward.

Definitely no MM version though.

Regards
Neil.

1 Like

Which Burndy cable would I need from a SUPERCAP(olive) to the Superline?

You need the SNAXO/SuperLine Burndy (and that is not the same as one you would use for a 252).

2 Likes

Has anybody compared the Gold Note PH10 & power supply to a Superline in its different configurations i.e. powered from pre,Hicap or SUPERCAP?

Thank u

Turns out the E variant of the Superline cannot be converted to the standard version.

This, I`m also interested in.