Superline

OK cause I’m kinda new be gentle… Iv been reading up on the superline phono… N contemplating
My equipment is at the moment
project evo 10.1 turntable into stageline into hicap dr into nac 252 into supercap Dr and nap 300 dr… Now if I get a superline do I need another supercap or do I use the supercap I already have… :grin: Cheers in advance :notes:

Welcome. You don’t “need” a new Supercap for your Superline. Your existing Supercap powers your 252 and it can power the Superline as well. You already have the HC for your Stageline so you can keep that to power your Superline or use the powered output from your 252 or you can get another Supercap to power your Superline for absolute optimal performance.

1 Like

Yey so best option supercap and superline then… Thanx for clearing that up for me as when u look at the backs of naim equipment there dins in n out… So thank you for your help and advice much appreciated…

1 Like

How does the hicap compare on the stageline to using aux2 power to you? When I gt a supercap on my 282 the hicap went back in its box rather than on the superline, more detail but less coherence/boogie than aux2. Eventually you’ll free up the supercap by buying a 552 but if that looks out of reach for the foreseeable a second supercap will work wonders with Burndy cannection to a superline and you’ll have a supercap to sell with your 252.

1 Like

Yep I kinda liked aux 2 but I went back to the hicap dr on the stageline… I prefed it thr the sopra 2. Sounds fuller to me love the sound but definitely thinking of getting the xtra supercap… I’ll b at this level for a little while as I got a supernait 2 a yr ago n stageline n 2 hicap drs… N then after 6 months went n got the system I have now… Haha scared to hear a statement :joy::joy::eyes:

I’m just rediscovering my superline after a wee digital break.

I remember some 10 or so years ago when I heard the superline and it was a jaw dropper. I added the hicap, powerline and hiline and yes it was good; it was the supercap and burndy that was the next major jaw dropper. That burndy connection is magic.

1 Like

Cool… Does it come with a brundie and did u have a stageline previous to the sl… And if so what differences would u say it has

You have to buy the Burndy, I think it’s the same as a Snaxo one but nothing else.

1 Like

Yes, the SNAXO Burndy also works with the Superline.

1 Like

Cool. Sounds like a plan… And is the snaxo the best way to hook it up

Do you mean Supercap? Yes, the Supercap is best. Next best is via AUX2 on a NAC552. AUX2 on a 52 or 252 is also very good, and may be preferred by some to a dedicated Hicap.

2 Likes

Oh. I have a dedicated HCDR for my Superline but is the collective wisdom that it would better to run it off Aux 2 on my 282 which has a SC DR?

Regards,

Lindsay

1 Like

Maybe, maybe not. The AUX 2 on the NAC282 is not from dedicated tx windings like on the 52, 252 and 552. You may well find the Hicap DR is the preferred method of connection there.

1 Like

Thanks Richard. Of course I recognise that the best solution is to part x the 282 and HCDR for a 552 thus freeing up the SCDR for the Superline… :grinning:

1 Like

Yes, that sounds like a good plan… :grinning:

3 Likes

Richard, are you saying Superline powered by a 252 is better than it would be powered by a HiCapDR?
I had previously used a Stageline with the HCDR and then just replaced the Stageline with Superline. Not heard before that straight into 252 may be better. Always believed Naim’s power supply philosophy applied across the board.
Regards
Steve O

1 Like

The AUX2 supply in the big preamps like the 52, 252, and particularly the 552 is of a very high quality. It’s a bit more “of a piece” and together than the Hicap. I know that many prefer it, including Roy, and also myself.

1 Like

But a dedicated Supercap would always be considered the best option, I’m assuming?

1 Like

yes.

1 Like

That was fast, thanks

1 Like