SuperLumina DIN-XLR

at my age, and state of health, time is an issue
but who knows, maybe one of these days?
also need to play music every now and then :slight_smile:

enjoy/ken

Ha ha … didn’t need to go that far, fortunately :slight_smile:
My daughter is actually fed up of my hifi ‘shenanigans’ (rude child!!) so probably no chance of this fascinating experiment…

enjoy/ken

No time to waste then, Ken :smile:

also need to get to the bottom of the somewhat stark differences between LP12 and NDS replay with these SL XLRs before I make any final decision. yes, time is the perpetual enemy isn’t it?:slight_smile:

enjoy/ken

Strange one that, didn’t have any such issues with ChordMusic. In fact, it was the way it dealt with digital sources that really appealed to me.

Thanks for sharing your experience with ChordMusic. Just to be clearer, it wasn’t horrible with the NDS - didn’t mean to imply that - simply that vinyl was rather special – this could just be a matter of looking at the installation and making sure all is OK as it seems like these wires can be quite revealing… I’m on NDS4.4 whether that’s an issue or not I don’t know – but I don’t fancy all the messing about I went through comparing 4.4 to 4.6 which led me to settle for 4.4

enjoy/ken

Strange, no such differences here. Mind you I do wonder if Naim could make a SL tonearm cable to replace the Linn item on my Ekos SE!

Local issues can easily account for these differences – so its important not to generalise my experience here…

are you full loom or just SL DIN-XLR sans SL speaker cables?

enjoy/ken

Full loom and not all at once. Speaker cables and 5 pin DINs first then the DIN to XLRs for the 300DRs. The latter replaced a set of Chord Indigos.

Ah, interesting, thanks ravenswood… I started with DIN-DIN for NDS to 552 and then 4-4DIN to SNAXO’s supercap.

This home trial is telling me quite a bit about what the SL DIN-XLRs bring to the party… fascinating.

enjoy/ken

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.